Stepper Motor Control - Circuit Wizard

Chris2964

Joined Oct 15, 2016
For my DT A level systems and control project I I making a 1/10th scale robotic arm to lift a car wiring harness. I am using a stepper motor but unfortunately my teacher doesn't know how to program one. Below is my circuit wizard circuit and program.
The problem that I am having is that the stepper motor, if in the forward position, controlled my a potentiometer (section 1 on circuit diagram), instead of pulsing forward, it does 3 forward and 1 back, this also can be seen in the photos attached where the stepper motor moves between position 356.3 and 248.8. Maybe the pulse sequence is incorrect?
I have also attached my model to show you what I hope the Robotic arm shall hopefully look like.

Any suggestions or solutions would be extremely useful.

Many thanks

Chris

Attachments

Chris2964

Joined Oct 15, 2016
I have made progress, the stepper motor now turns left (anticlockwise) continuously whilst the potentiometer is on the correct position but when turning right, it becomes stuck between 348.8 and 3.7. Would it be useful to post a photo of my updated flowchart?

Kind regards

Chris

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Your using a pot to make it move where you want it to go. ?

This is with a joy stick regular pot's don't work well.

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
I can help you with working project but now with Genie. I can use PIC18F46K22 micrcontroller with Stepper motor driver and write C code for the project using mikroC PRO PIC Compiler.

Chris2964

Joined Oct 15, 2016
Do you really need a 40pin pic to control a stepper motor ?
Max.
The GENIE that is being used for the majority of the programming is a GENIE 20 which contains 20 pins, I am also driving an LCD and LED so this is the most suitable GENIE to provide the correct number of outputs.

Chris2964

Joined Oct 15, 2016
I can help you with working project but now with Genie. I can use PIC18F46K22 micrcontroller with Stepper motor driver and write C code for the project using mikroC PRO PIC Compiler.
Thanks for the offer but I am more comfortable with Circuit Wizard.

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
The GENIE that is being used for the majority of the programming is a GENIE 20 which contains 20 pins, I am also driving an LCD and LED so this is the most suitable GENIE to provide the correct number of outputs.
Genie is only simulation or it is also a hardware (MCU) ?

You can't use PIC18F14K22 ? 18 pin PIC ?

Ok. If you are not interested. I have never used Genie even though I have Circuit Wizard and hence can't help with Genie flowchart or code.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I have made progress, the stepper motor now turns left (anticlockwise) continuously whilst the potentiometer is on the correct position but when turning right, it becomes stuck between 348.8 and 3.7. Would it be useful to post a photo of my updated flowchart?

Kind regards

Chris

Forget about the pot for now. Write a program that simply moves the motor in both directions smoothy. Then add complexity from there.

Chris2964

Joined Oct 15, 2016
So, I make a circuit and code using Proteus and mikroC PRO PIC ?

If yes, what are the requirements ?
Its okay, it as to be a program that I can explain what is happening, within my written exam, when explaining I use circuit wizard.

Thanks again anyway.

Chris2964

Joined Oct 15, 2016
Genie is only simulation or it is also a hardware (MCU) ?

You can't use PIC18F14K22 ? 18 pin PIC ?

Ok. If you are not interested. I have never used Genie even though I have Circuit Wizard and hence can't help with Genie flowchart or code.
It is both, so I can simulate on the software also in real life whilst having the program stored on the chip.