SRD MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladdin Assisi

Joined Dec 22, 2014
I am designing a narrow pulse generator.
I have hardly searched for a spice nonlinear model of the Step Recovery Diode (SRD) that generates a monocycle wide spectrum RF pulse by its high nonlinear characteristics. I have got many tabulated SRD performance parameters ready to fill in the model, but I was not able to get the CAD model to use in the ADS or the GENESYS simulator. There should be an ADS Design Kit including this model, but I cannot find it.
Can I get the required design kit?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I am designing a narrow pulse generator.
I have hardly searched for a spice nonlinear model of the Step Recovery Diode (SRD) that generates a monocycle wide spectrum RF pulse by its high nonlinear characteristics. I have got many tabulated SRD performance parameters ready to fill in the model, but I was not able to get the CAD model to use in the ADS or the GENESYS simulator. There should be an ADS Design Kit including this model, but I cannot find it.
Shouldn't you be asking the companies that sell the Genesys and ADS simulators for help and support. I hope you're not suggesting that one of our members should do something in violation of their agreements with those companies.

One more thing. SPICE does not do non-linear very well. Check out the following article:

https://www.flambda.com/srd.html

Aladdin Assisi

Joined Dec 22, 2014
I don't ask for a violation of law.
I am asking for a solution to an engineering problem.
The solution was available to any engineer a few years ago. Now it has been forbidden by Keysight.
If you have a solution you can thankfully tell it.
If you have no solution, thank you.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't ask for a violation of law.
I am asking for a solution to an engineering problem.
The solution was available to any engineer a few years ago. Now it has been forbidden by Keysight.
If you have a solution you can thankfully tell it.
If you have no solution, thank you.
That is a bit of sugar coating. You said:
There should be an ADS Design Kit including this model, but I cannot find it.

That is not asking for the solution to an engineering problem. You are obviously unable or unwilling to get it by the usual method of dealing with the commercial enterprise that may or may not have the solution you seek. You are instead asking a person who has access to the "ADS Design Kit" to provide it to you at no cost. This is plain and simple intellectual property theft. This site does not engage in or support such activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.