SPIRITUAL ZONE - EVERYONE'S INVITED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The 'Divine' starts where science ends.
I believe that if God really exists (as some people don't believe in God), science is simply one of the creations of God for mankind to learn and make use of. I believe that God gave mankind the power of will (which some might refer to as "God-stuff"). Whether we are going to use it for good or bad purposes, we'll have to bear the consequences of both. :cool:

In that sense, Divinity and Science cannot be compared and measured as such using the same scientific techniques and both have got their own set of "SI Units", yet they have a direct relationship; just like the engineer and his design/product.

Thanks.

Last edited:

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
I believe that if God really exists (as some people don't believe in God), science is simply one of the creations of God for mankind to learn and make use of. I believe that God gave mankind the power of will (which some might refer to as "God-stuff"). Whether we are going to use it for good or bad purposes, we'll have to bear the consequences of both. :cool:
This God-stuff is nothing but our inner consience!......which guides us at every step whenever we are unable to judge external situations for ourselves. Another important law of nature is the theory of 'Karma' propounded by Eastern spiritual philosophies. This is somewhat analogous to Newton's 3rd law! ;)
Cheers :)

BoyntonStu

Joined Apr 18, 2009
Captain Richards or Jesus?

A. Capt. Richards who volunteered to be a hostage placing his life at risk with the Somalian pirates.

or

B. Jesus (The Christian God) who knew in advance that the other 2/3 of his Godhead would allow him to live again Sunday morning?

If Jesus really lived and died, Jesus was not God.

If Jesus died on Friday, and on Sunday morning less than 36 hours later he undied, Jesus made no real sacrifice.

BoyntonStu

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Wait till you uther the words, God help me, By the grace of God,
God forgive me, you are to young to understand your statement.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Captain Richards or Jesus?

A. Capt. Richards who volunteered to be a hostage placing his life at risk with the Somalian pirates.

or

B. Jesus (The Christian God) who knew in advance that the other 2/3 of his Godhead would allow him to live again Sunday morning?

If Jesus really lived and died, Jesus was not God.

If Jesus died on Friday, and on Sunday morning less than 36 hours later he undied, Jesus made no real sacrifice.

BoyntonStu
God need not sacrifice! the entire universe is but a physical manifestation of God. He leads by example for us to follow.

Capt. Richards followed God's example of selfless sacrifice!

BoyntonStu

Joined Apr 18, 2009
God need not sacrifice! the entire universe is but a physical manifestation of God. He leads by example for us to follow.

Capt. Richards followed God's example of selfless sacrifice!
He leads by example for us to follow.

1> Does God have testicles? Why do you call God a male?

2> He leads by example for us to follow. Would you like to give an example of God's actions in the Bible for us to follow?

(I can give you examples of God's acts that I would not follow)

BoyntonStu

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
1> Does God have testicles? Why do you call God a male?
I’ve addressed God as 'He' by convention just as we tend to address whole of humanity (males and females included) as mankind!

2> He leads by example for us to follow. Would you like to give an example of God's actions in the Bible for us to follow?
I cannot answer your question as I do not follow Christianity.

(I can give you examples of God's acts that I would not follow)
BoyntonStu

You can mention examples of acts of God that you would not follow…or not want to follow!

Regards, :)
Shahvir

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Be reverant Take away smilly the icon if you don't believe,you can be respectful,
this post has run it course.This post are are not saying any thing but word they don't
understand.

BoyntonStu

Joined Apr 18, 2009
I’ve addressed God as 'He' by convention just as we tend to address whole of humanity (males and females included) as mankind!

I cannot answer your question as I do not follow Christianity.

You can mention examples of acts of God that you would not follow…or not want to follow!

Regards, :)
Shahvir

Humankind works for me.

Mother Nature is also problematic. Nature is sufficient for me.

BoyntonStu

BoyntonStu

Joined Apr 18, 2009
Be reverant Take away smilly the icon if you don't believe,you can be respectful,
this post has run it course.This post are are not saying any thing but word they don't
understand.

Respectful?

Any example of where I wrote anything not respectful?

BoyntonStu

P.S. What does 'reverant' (sic) mean?

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009

Humankind works for me.

Mother Nature is also problematic. Nature is sufficient for me.

BoyntonStu

No issues, to each his own! :) but remember, political correctness will one day render us extinct!

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
"but remember, political correctness will one day render us extinct"

Expanding may clarify.

BoyntonStu
Well, we cannot equate everything or everyone for that matter.

For eg., man not equal to woman not equal to animal not equal to tree, rocks, sky ,mountains......or nature! The expansion depends on one's line of thought! :)

BoyntonStu

Joined Apr 18, 2009
Well, we cannot equate everything or everyone for that matter.

For eg., man not equal to woman not equal to animal not equal to tree, rocks, sky ,mountains......or nature! The expansion depends on one's line of thought! :)

Did you mean to write:

"Political correctness will one day gender us extinct"?

BoyntonStu

P.S. In Nature, 1 + 1 never exactly equals 2.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
This thread is becoming confrontational. It will be closed if confrontation continues.

State your own viewpoints, but respect the viewpoints of others. We are here to share knowledge and opinion, not to bicker or condemn.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I do not think anyone of us here has ever "seen" God. So it might be wiser not to physically compare God as such with humans or other creatures' anatomy.

Believing in God is not like seeing the "truth", it's called having "faith". Confusions very often emerge from the limitation of language itself.

Thanks.

Last edited:

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Did you mean to write:
"Political correctness will one day gender us extinct"?
BoyntonStu

No, I exactly meant what I said....there was no typo error.

Gender is a sensitive issue and attracts political (correctness :rolleyes:) views, hence i will refrain from commenting on the same as it might result in thread closure.....apart from that it deviates from the topic of interest.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.