SPIRITUAL ZONE - EVERYONE'S INVITED

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Dear Friends, :)

I'm starting this thread with the purpose of satiating the spiritual requirements of technologists and engineers like myself, in general. As technologists we normally deal, to a large extent, with the materialistic world and technical gadgetry in our routine life. As a result, we normally lose out on our inner peace which is also very much important to lead a happy and fulfilled life!

Hence, I feel that thru this thread I can create a common platform for sharing spiritual experiences and/or knowledge with all our international friends on this forum. The spiritual content may belong to any philisophy (Eastern or Western) or any religious or spiritual line of thought. It could also contain personal experiences or opinions or even an atheistic point of view.

Humor is of course welcome as this discussion need not be boring at all and free speech is encouraged. However, consideration for the religious and/or spiritual sentiments of fellow OPs is also our prime responsibility.

At the outset, I hope this thread leads to a healthy discussion and understanding about the science of spirituality amongst us technologists so that we can view the world from an optimistic and pleasant perspective.

Wishing all my friends on AAC a peaceful and happy existence on this planet. :)

Warm Regards,
Shahvir

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
I heard someone say that they believed that the blood
flowing thru your body was connected to the soul.
Interesting thought! but my guess is same as your's ;) The science of soul is more intricate and complex and is difficult to ascertain. Something makes the heart pump blood and I feel it has to be definitely more intricate and complex than electrical signals! :)

I personally like to engineer electronic circuits and build PCB's for the fun of it, to me it is the feeling of reward from accomplishment. I am currently employed as a consumer electronic repair technician for a large technology resale company, so my job is mostly repair which is a bit monotonous (but it does afford me the opportunity to see how other companies are building their technology).

Sometimes I zone out and I'll consider what exactly is reality? I think I have a body, but my mind seems to be capable of comprehending and exploring ideas far greater than what can fit in my head.
Sometimes I will witness a 'glitch' in a circuit, but wonder if it really was a 'glitch' in me?
I don't dwell on it for long, I accept it as one of the wonderful experiences of life and I thank the great divine power(what ever it is) for giving me the opportunity to witness it.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
I personally like to engineer electronic circuits and build PCB's for the fun of it, to me it is the feeling of reward from accomplishment. I am currently employed as a consumer electronic repair technician for a large technology resale company, so my job is mostly repair which is a bit monotonous (but it does afford me the opportunity to see how other companies are building their technology).

Sometimes I zone out and I'll consider what exactly is reality? I think I have a body, but my mind seems to be capable of comprehending and exploring ideas far greater than what can fit in my head.
Sometimes I will witness a 'glitch' in a circuit, but wonder if it really was a 'glitch' in me?
I don't dwell on it for long, I accept it as one of the wonderful experiences of life and I thank the great divine power(what ever it is) for giving me the opportunity to witness it.
Here, 'witness' is the key word! Just as you witness the development and working of an electronic circuit, so also your soul (which is the true you) witnesses the development and routine working of your physical body.

Just as in reality you are not the circuit but the engineer building the circuit, similarly we are not the body....we are the soul (where our conscience comes from) in true spiritual terms. This is exactly why we sometimes have the feeling of 'deja vu'.....we percieve situations as if we have already experienced them before!

There are many dimensions of spiritual science which i shalll discuss in due course of time. :)

Cheers!
Shahvir

RAH1379

Joined Dec 13, 2005
for me spirituallity is being in the present silence of witnessing. mind is made up of the past and future, but when i am totally present no mind or "nomind" is just pure awareness,without concepts,memories,dreams,ideas,even with theology. It is these instances where insights arise and i know my true being.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Yet, there are so many things to experience,some
you will never encounter.Like members can do electronic's
yet never share any thing else. The members that spend
a lot of time constructing projects,there mind will be closed
to other things. Some members may be required to spend more
time practising a certain faith that brings the spirit to mind on regular basis.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I think in the majority of people (myself included) there is a feeling of something more. There is a part of us that continues. This might be a delusion, but if it is I've bought into it, I believe in God, and have chosen Christianity as my moral compass. Our knowledge set is still very incomplete. What is it called when there is a science that is unknown? Prenatural? Whatever it is I think the soul and God fall under that category, so the churches have the field all to themselves.

There is also a darker need in humans to control everything. It is in everyone to one extent or another, but in some it is overwhelming. I don't think this thread should go this direction, but it is the fundamental cause of religious wars and persecution.

Quantum physics shows some glimmer of what I was talking about in the first paragraph. So does string theory. When the time comes evidence of the soul and God will emerge, and it will become a legitimate subject for science, probably accompanied by lots and lots of bloodshed. I mentioned this earlier, but I loved Carl Sagan's idea of numerical constants having messages buried within them, in several billion or more (much more) numbers. God does have a sense of humor, after all, just look around you.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Spirituality is the cream of religion. Any religion would propogate violence if it's spiritual content has been dissolved by it's followers. I'm pleased to know that many OP's have good knowledge of spiritual science. After this planet has to be sustained! :)

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Violence,makes headline news every day (24-7).
The world is very sick. I watched a movie this weekend called "Taken", (probably most of you heard it:)) but ya, there is a lot to do.

The problem sometimes is, like pointed out in the movie, many of us are aware of what's going on in the world, but most of us only really make a "move" to stop those things from happening when we are the ones facing the trouble....
Really sad, but true unfortunately......

Thanks.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I believe that no religion on Earth preaches violence. But many people sometimes use religion to achieve their greed/power/control, taking advantage of or fooling those having a "blind" faith in their practices.

When it comes to religious practices, I believe that we should understand that "practices" are most likely to be affected by culture, time (at that time in history), the people/tribes concerned, etc. But I believe that when spirituality is concerned, people are enlightened and are more peaceful. I believe that practices are like some sort of "conditioning" of the people so as to prevent deviations which could lead to a state of darkness and ignorance again. I think people should understand why they are following a certain set of practices so that they can be more open-minded rather than just following and insisting upon what they've been taught to do.

Thanks.

Last edited:

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Problems arise due to ignorance, ignorance of our true spiritual self. We treat the physical world as real. In fact the physical world is the manifestation of the spiritual self.

If this logic is perfectly understood by mankind, then the evil of terrorism cannot exist! :(

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Problems arise due to ignorance, ignorance of our true spiritual self.
It's true that ignorance leads to problems, but the "real" problem is when people with knowledge are the ones to cause problems.

Humans' desire for power/control/greed etc, shows up the real "evil" behind the scene.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
It's true that ignorance leads to problems, but the "real" problem is when people with knowledge are the ones to cause problems.

Humans' desire for power/control/greed etc, shows up the real "evil" behind the scene.
This is very true! but what is the root cause of all evil? it is ignorance of the true spiritual self which leads to vices in mankind. By exploiting other felow humans , man thinks he has achieved something.....but in the end death dissilves all his achievements! :rolleyes:

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
b.shahvir,

man thinks he has achieved something.....but in the end death dissilves all his achievements!
Did the accomplishments of Newton, Einstein, and others "dissolve" after their deaths?

Ratch

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
b.shahvir,

Did the accomplishments of Newton, Einstein, and others "dissolve" after their deaths?

Ratch
I think b.shahvir meant like:- they themselves did not have the chance to see to what extent their own discoveries were being implemented simply because of the relatively short-term existence of human life. Death ultimately prevented them from directly continuing to contribute to their own theories/discoveries, i.e., they are simply not in this world anymore and as such, similarly, no human shall live long enough to witness everything.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
Nanophotonics,

I think b.shahvir meant like:- they themselves did not have the chance to see to what extent their own discoveries were being implemented simply because of the relatively short-term existence of human life. Death ultimately prevented them from directly continuing to contribute to their own theories/discoveries, i.e., they are simply not in this world anymore and as such, similarly, no human shall live long enough to witness everything.
If you say so. Although it is true, it is hardly profound. Doesn't everyone know that?

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.