Not open for further replies.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I cannot tell you about your gentle neighbors without making
myself look really bad,don't be taken in gently. Be alert about
your freedom door to door in your community. witness

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
The winner is not the one who dies after building the most toys, but the one who touches the most lives. Newton and Ghandi are still racking up points. Persons forsaking their family to ship the next version of software are not.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
There no talk about toys,Your way of life will change and you
can't avoid it,things are happening that is too late to change.
Nothing to do with doom's day,when It happen it will be too late.
Sorry can't give more details,can't be bad guy and tell you.

janice.z

Joined Apr 21, 2009
I personally like the obvious contrast between religion and physics. Not only the view on how the world got created billions of billions of billions of year before, but also the view on how people die and the topic about a person's 'soul' in contrary to what the bible writes. I think spirituality is not actually only comparable to religion. It is something that changes from person to person.

I love and enjoy discussions with other people about the creation of our planet, above all, when there are those, who are, of course educated by visiting school and studying school-physics and still believing in something that has not officially been proofed existing but not in what is physically explained and re-searched and tested.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Age old questions,what about your daily life and judgement
about things that will effect your life today. You have no concerns
about your furture.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
We barely have much control on our own future. We set a target but we don't always know what will happen on the path to achieve the target. We can only predict, at least partially if not completely, what will happen based on assumptions/trends.
Even in Physics, we can predict something based on an equation expressing the relationship between some parameters, but there are other factors to assume constant (or even location - where?), like may be room temperature, relative humidity, etc, for a relatively more precise prediction. And it's really amazing to realize that some people (Netwon, Einstein, etc) could "see" certain specific patterns in nature and could express it in mathematical language. Maths itself is really amazing and without it, Physics is like "supernatural". What would our contemporary world be like if we simply remove the concept of "numbers"?....:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Last edited:

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Let's take energy for instance!.....scientifically, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Sounds like Someone or Something we worship and pray to everyday ;)

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Energy can be converted from one form to another. Does this imply the Divine has more than one legitimate form? Or am I engaging in the fallacy of false analogy?:cool:

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Energy can be converted from one form to another.
Wow! You guys are going down an interesting path. Energy and matter are interchangable, but mass/energy is eternal. If we conclude that an eternal entity is God, then we are made of God-stuff.

I've heard the comment that we are made of star-dust, but this is going a large step farther. :p

Last edited:

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
then we are made of God-stuff.
This has been part of some doctrines for millenia. Such doctrines tend to acknowledge multiple forms of Divinity.

Can "God" be measured in Joules?:D More importantly, can my individual connection with divinity be quantitatively measured?

And if the Divine converts from one form to another, can we measure the power of Power? :)

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This has been part of some doctrines for millenia. Such doctrines tend to acknowledge multiple forms of Divinity.

Can "God" be measured in Joules?:D More importantly, can my individual connection with divinity be quantitatively measured?

And if the Divine converts from one form to another, can we measure the power of Power? :)
Interesting. But I can assure you I can't answer these types of questions. :D

"Measuring divinity", after all isn't science the creation of God? :rolleyes: Of course, given one believes in God.

Thanks.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
In your live today.I predicted that it was to late, read my post
Read or listen to the news,the divine in marching toward the nuclear.
Science and eternity are moving closer together,I can't be the bad
guy and lay it out. You must realize the world we live in,and what
is happening.Like I said the age old debates are not helping our present
lives. There are other reasons the banks are not loaning,nothing to
with god or divinity. There is no communication left. So we talk
freely about theory. Watch the news for divine intervention.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008

Perhaps not, if there are infinite multiple universes.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Sounds like measuring infinity :cool:

Measurement itself as we know it in science is relative.

"Absolute measurement", no reference point, perhaps, that's the "unit" of the "measuring tape" of God. :)

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Energy can be converted from one form to another. Does this imply the Divine has more than one legitimate form? Or am I engaging in the fallacy of false analogy?:cool:
As per Eastern philosophy of spirituality, God does transform into many 'Avatars'! or divine forms for a purpose (just as energy transforms from one form to another, Eg. mechanical energy is transformed to electrical energy for a purpose).

The 'Divine' starts where science ends. Hence you cannot measure the Divine or divinity in general. The concept of infinity in physical science is analogous to God (or the Divine) in spiritual science......but God cannot be considerd a 'thing' as he/she/it cannot be measured by physical scientific instruments.

Cheers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.