spice parameter sweep

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
For the moment..lets talk about one stage of your circuit.

When you say "vary the values" you really mean set the RC values to three sets of values right?
If that's true, then there will only be three sim runs, right?

pretty_fly

Joined Feb 2, 2015
... set the RC values to three sets of values right?
Well it is not that much easy I think. Because the same RC value with different R&C values produce a signal shape. Thus I need to sweep all the values individually and find out the best output. Thus I am interested in the possibility of sweeping different R & C values automatically.

So far probably there is no way of sweeping more than 3 component...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
One option is to see if the simulator can be run from the command line. Then if becomes a straightforward problem of writing a script to go through a loop modifying the file where the sweep controls aren launching the simulator, and moving the output data to a safe place.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Well it is not that much easy I think. Because the same RC value with different R&C values produce a signal shape. Thus I need to sweep all the values individually and find out the best output. Thus I am interested in the possibility of sweeping different R & C values automatically.
So...for a single sim run, you want to step a RANGE of C values, for example, while using a fixed R value during a frequency sweep?