Solar cemetery candle led lamp

Lucky-Luka

Joined Mar 28, 2019
Hi all
My parents occasionally ask me to recharge 2 AA batteris for cemetery candle led lamps they use for their dead parents.
I would like to turn those lamps into solar ones.
I've seen that in garden light solutions QX5252F ICs are often used but I've noticed that when the light hit the solar panel QX5252F keeps the LED turned OFF while in darkness it turns the LED ON. I would like to have the LED always turned ON.
Any ideas?
Thanks
p.s. QX5252E are almost impossible to find

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Yes... votive candle lamps just works like that...
Well, can you see the problem? The best you could do is add a bit to the battery life. You don't really need a charge controller, just a diode. I don't know how much this will add to the battery life but I imagine not much.

You will need a much larger panel than the ones used in solar garden lights as well. They only work because they accumulate in the battery.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
You show a solar LED light. It uses a small single 1.2V rechargeable battery and a QX5252F IC to stepup the voltage to power the 3V or more LED when there is no light and to turn off the LED and charge the battery when there is sunlight.
The voltage and current from the small solar panel are too low to light the LED through a diode.

I do not know why you want the LED to light during daylight. Can it be seen?

Lucky-Luka

Joined Mar 28, 2019
You show a solar LED light. It uses a small single 1.2V rechargeable battery and a QX5252F IC to stepup the voltage to power the 3V or more LED when there is no light and to turn off the LED and charge the battery when there is sunlight.
The voltage and current from the small solar panel are too low to light the LED through a diode.

I do not know why you want the LED to light during daylight. Can it be seen?
well, votive candles have a light always on...
At least I would like to light up the LED when ambient light is low. I don't want the LED on only in darkness.
QX5252E IC (attached pic from its chinese ugly datasheet) has an input for a voltage divider so that I can choose the intensity of light to light up the LED. The problem is that IC cannot be found easily.
I will buy PR4403 IC that costs much more but I was curious if there was even another solution to my request.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You could buy inexpensive solar lights and hack them. For instance snipping out the CdS cell (not all lights have one!) will cause it to be always on. It won't stay on long at night because it can't charge as much during the day, but who's in the graveyard at night? Upgrading the capacity of the battery helps.