So what what you have done?

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
I wasn't too worried about the guy, if he decided to take a swing at me, I was a lot bigger and probably could have laid him flat.

So what would you have done?
Spinnaker, please do not make snap assumptions based on the physical size of a potential combatant. It is better to accord everyone EQUAL respect, regardless of their physical size, and disarm belligerent people with politeness, or silence . As the old Chinese saying goes, a smiling face is rarely the target of an angry strike.

When someone goes out of their way to offend or insult you, presume that person is either armed or trained in a martial art, and then just walk away. Even if you did get the better of such a person in a fair fight, you would then have to answer to assault charges, which will waste your precious time.

Finally, may I add that a jacket left draped over an empty chair could present a very inviting target to a pickpocket.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Now a days they take both parties when there is violents,so every one loses.

If you have something in your hand you could be shot and kill by the police.

They would say it looked like a weapon,a new world we live in, you have to be

prepared ahead of time for encounters ,getting your way all the time is not

a option. Showing force can end up having your house searched to protect

the officers peace of mind ,if you own weapons..you may end up in anger

management to get them back,with a stack of unpopular paper work..called

a record. There is no such thing as a minor thing anymore....one thing triggers

another until things are completely out of control...read this and say... why

not think ahead.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I wouldn't have dumped a soda
I'm also one of the most aid back people ever
shes clearly a *sorry, female dog*, hopefully he can see that and break up with her, but that's his problem

I would have said something along the lines of
"oooookkk then, have a nice day"

I've found being calm and kind and kind of sad to people that are trying to be provocative will often get you both respect in the long run, or at the very least they will feel guilty

noone wants to kick a puppy

EDIT
worked great for my old gym teacher
If someone refuses to heat up and remains calm and civil, you can only yell at them for so long before you start to look like an idiot
once he stopped yelling, he was off balance, and i had the upper hand

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Years ago I was with a friend and we were in a somewhat similliar situation. Willie Lee's comment even caught me of guard. He announced in a loud voice, so that everyone could hear, "yes I'm a pimp, but that doesn't mean I have to hire all the wh*&%$ I meet. And quite frankly you aren't nearly good looking enough to meet our standards".
They left immediately, with bright red faces, Willie Lee turned to me and said" you just gotta know how to talk to 'em. :eek: