Sink Holes.-What say you?

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
So according to the film, the recent dearth of sunspot activity is causing the earth to slow its rotation, which is causing the earth's shape to change from spheroidal to more spherical, setting up stresses in the earth's crust; at the same time, the reduction in charged particles from the sun is causing the potential difference between the earth's crust and its core to reduce, thus lessening the bonding between the two. The resulting crustal flexing, along with the looseness of the crust, then causes increased earthquakes, vulcanism and... sinkholes.

Perfect!

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Most of the 'Sink holes' in the video seemed to have been caused by water leaks or poorly compacted soil after construction being affected by water.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Interesting video to watch but their explanations at the end are total para-science BS.:(
Ditto. Utter crap. He lost me right upfront when he claimed the Earth is slowing its rotation 1) enough to reduce equatorial bulging, 2) due to a lower rate of protons arriving from the sun. Riiiiiight.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Not to mention the horrible interference it has created in the earth's anthropromorphogenic field.

Elephants doing sign language. Dolphins singing show tunes. Cats driving drag racers.

I may have a cow!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Does this clear up the fracking explanation for sinkholes?
I'm still not sure who or how anyone came up with that claim being fracking does not take any volume of water or earth out but rather puts it in the ground so by default fracking if anything should be making bulges in the ground, not holes.

To say fracking makes sinkholes is like saying blowing up a ballon makes it loose volume. :rolleyes:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Ditto. Utter crap. He lost me right upfront when he claimed the Earth is slowing its rotation 1) enough to reduce equatorial bulging, 2) due to a lower rate of protons arriving from the sun. Riiiiiight.
If the earth slows down and speeds up then obviously the length of a sidereal day (single rotation of the planet) would change from time to time which it has not.

As far as the explanations for all the other non-human activities induced sinkholes basic geology pretty well covers the where why and how they get formed and ultimately reach the point of collapse.