Simulate an audio circuit with LTspice and listen to the output

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Is it possible, by any means to simulate an audio circuit in LTspice (or some other free simulator) and somehow take the output to a means of listening to the resultant audio?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Albert,
The method is a 'wav' file.
I use the free VLC A/V player and also the free Audacity audio program.
Do you have a project in mind you could post.?
E

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
This is an eagle schematic. The floating trigger input would trigger the sound and a speaker would be connected to JP1.
I could build this on a breadboard but that would take a while and would be more difficult to fiddle with than a simulation.

upload_2019-9-2_13-59-2.png

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi A,
These are zips of my LTS asc files and wav sound files.
You may need to change the Wav1 file path on the asc files.
E

EDIT:
The site software has made the Wav1.zip unreadable,,, I will check it out
Done.
The Desktop.zip has 3 wav files for the asc file.

Attachments

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The rectangular-wave output from a 555 sounds like a buzzer. Maybe you want a different sine-wave or triangle-wave sound.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Alec,
That article is dated 23July 2019, VLC have updated the program in last 10 days.
Do you have any later information.
E

Jeff Mizener

Joined Aug 14, 2019
The information about wav files and LTSpice is very interesting (filed for future use), but I think @AlbertHall would be much better served using a processor of the Arduino sort to do this. My current go-to microcontroller for simple stuff is the Adafruit Trinket M0. You can program it in C++ using the Arduino IDE (or PlatformIO, much better) or in Circuit Python. If you don't know this little board, you should check it out. There are lots of slightly cheaper boards (Arduino Nano and all the clones thereof) that would work just fine too.

(Note: No connection with Adafruit other than being a huge fan).

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
Will this work with any amp Schematic say from Diptrace ?
Guess what I'm asking is will it show the difference with and without an amp on ? The sound it's simulating is not important (It could be a song or anything else) ? Will it give you wattage with and without the amp ?

Hope I asked them questions right :(
Brzrkr