show your picture,one by one

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
6,875
I took the kids to the park today and found this sign at the entrance:


I sincerely hope this sign wasn't intended to be read by ducks. I have a feeling it's an incomplete message for humans, but what could the intended message be? Please don't feed the ducks? Please don't chase the ducks? Please don't bring your own ducks from home?
(this pic was taken at the park, which has a pond, and hundreds of naturally occurring ducks)
 

Attachments

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
3,702
Photoshopped paprika plant (actually PAINT .NET was used).

The flower is nearly 1:1 real world appearance.

Normally parika seeds from supermarket paprika's don't sprout, but this one developed into a plant. They can get more than one year old, this one is 2 years old already.

A plastic container also from a supermarket (for deep frozen chinese meal) is used as pot.

The white spots on the pineapple actually are from insecticide spray. Mites plagued the paprika plant over months, causing it to drop leaves, and developement was stunted. I don't like insecticide much, but in this case I had to apply priorities.

The insecticide was quite effective. It is strong enough to cause plants to droop and leaves/flowers to die, I rinsed after one minute. Not many mites reappeared within 2 months, and these are removed with plain water spray (from the underside of the leaves).

Growing such plants is an interesting hobby, and costs little money.
 

Attachments

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
1,686
Max ,you got your sign's ready for the convention. Name the the streets or

post a map of the convention center. You said they are going to put you out of site.
 

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
5,182
I 'm posting here and there and checking for spammers in my inbox. But I 'm on vacations and have limited internet access. More at the end of August.
 

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
My picture of the evening, a first attempt with solder paste on a hot plate:

Looks like I need to use a bit less paste next time, and both LEDs have drifted a bit, but it will probably work although I haven't written the code yet. My days of hand soldering SMD components are over!
 

Attachments

x1222

Joined Oct 22, 2011
31
My picture of the evening, a first attempt with solder paste on a hot plate:

Looks like I need to use a bit less paste next time, and both LEDs have drifted a bit, but it will probably work although I haven't written the code yet. My days of hand soldering SMD components are over!
It looks quite nice actually. Reminds me of abstract art painting.
 

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
2,806
So what does it do beside lighting leds ?
Not much, it's just a pair of glowing eyes for halloween, but very low power and only turning on at the right sort of time, the top centre component is a phototransistor. I'll try to make it turn on by IR remote control as well.
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth over-doing.
 

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
1,968
I have a small circuit like that using a cmos 4093, 2 LEDs and 2 AA battery. I install the PCB inside a small black cute plastic box. I leave it switched on and place it near the wind screen inside my car when I am parking outside during the night. That would make the car thieves think that this is some kind of buglar alarm to discourage them from stealing my car.:rolleyes::D

I also leave some near my kitchen windows at night. And they looked like security alarm sensors to the thieves (may be)....:D

Actually you can make a transistorised version of LM3909 using 4 transistors and a couple of resistors. With a white LED, 4 AA alkaline battery, it can last for 2 months without turning it off.

Allen
 
Top