Show the power consumption in AC circuit by circuit maker

Soma23

Joined Apr 24, 2015
Hi,
I have a question how i can draw a circuit that will show the power consumption in certain period of time and how i can export the data so i can see a table contains each led or resister with its value and how much power does they consumed
I really stock on this and i need to do it as soon as possible i spent days just searching how i can do that in circuit maker but i didn't found any thing i am in trouble could you please help me

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Are you interested in instantaneous power, or some sort of running average power, or do you want total energy used over a period of time?

Soma23

Joined Apr 24, 2015
I want simulate acircuit forexample it has three resisters i want to get the power cosumption of each one of these in AC

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
This is a simulation in CircuitMaker 2000. I'm not sure what you want to see unless you are wanting to vary either voltage or resistance over time.

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Thank you i wanted to export the data of the simulation ; power
Export the data as what? Export the data as a .txt file and import for example Excel or similar program? You need a file format to export the data in and someplace to export the data to. Some of how this is done will depend on the software the data was created using. For example using Ltspice I can do similar to the example BillB3857 created and export the data as a .txt file to a folder. I can then import the data into Excel or similar program and chart it, create graphs and do whatever. Importing into Excel I can also do math functions with the data. So it all depends on what software you have.

Ron

Soma23

Joined Apr 24, 2015
Ok thank you iam using ltspice now i could export thedata but i want see as kwh but i got it as kw

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Ok thank you iam using ltspice now i could export thedata but i want see as kwh but i got it as kw
I don't see how you can export the data as KWH.
E(kWh) = P(kW)× t(hr) So what we have is:
kWh = kW × hr
If a device consumes 500 watts over a period of 2 hours that would be 1 kWh (.5 * 2 = 1.0). That same device over a 4 hour period would consume 2 kWh. The time in hours needs defined. You could export the data as kW and import into Excel for example and then apply the math for known times in hours. I can go to the store and buy an electric heater, the nameplate will say maybe 1.5 kW. The actual power it will use is a function of how many hours I run it. Sorry as I don't know the answer to your question.

Ron