Short Circuit rehearsal on a transformer

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
I'm trying to solve a problem that is supposed to be quite simple about finding some parameters using data from Open Circuit Rehearsals and Short Circuit Rehearsals. But I'm not sure how the short circuit schematic is when using the schematic referred to the High-Voltage side of the transformer.

Can anyone tell me if I have placed the short.circuit in the right place in the below image? Is it at the left side of the lower schematic???
equi_circi.png

Attachments

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
When we talk about, Ish, the short circuit current, where is this current flowing? I already corrected the circuit... It is attached!
equi_approx_circ.png

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
In this test, the short circuit current is the current on the input side of the transformer.
The applied voltage to the input of the transformer is slowly increased until the input current is equal to the transformer rated input current.

On the video at 14 minutes from the start, it explains the required equivalent circuit for the s/c condition.
Compare this with your posted circuit.?

Attachments

Last edited:

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
I already corrected the circuit. My major problem with these circuits is the names of voltages, currents power and all that stuff. Our teachers tend to mix up an whole bunch of names for the same thing so I tend to get confused!

PsySc0rpi0n

Joined Mar 4, 2014
One other question, I'm not sure about.

The Iron losses and the copper losses are "measured" where exactly if we consider the approximate equivalent circuit???

Are the Iron losses measured only in R0 and Copper losses measured only in R2???

app_equi_circ_LV_losses.png

Attachments