See the gun-shoot case.Innocent children

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
There are lots of reasons.
When I was a child, kids would be teased for being too fat, too skinny, wearing glasses, you name the reason. But the teasing was limited to just a few schoolmates. Now with technology the whole world knows, or at least that could be a perception.

That doesn't or shouldn't have any thing to do with it. I was the "fat kid that wore glasses" and had what was called a "girls" name. Picked on all the time by the kids. And had an abusive father. I'm 65 and never killed anyone. And own, what some would say, too many guns.

Around the time time Dr. Spock's book stated to be followed as the way kids should be raised is when things started to change. And generations since then things have got worse. Kids are taught that they are not responsible for treating others good, and they should do what makes themselves feel good. When was the last time you heard some one tell a young person to obey the "golden rule"?

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
" Kids are taught that they are not responsible for treating others good"

I disagree entirely with that.

In all my primary schools, and in my secondary school, the first rule has always been:

"Treat others the way you would like to be treated"

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
That doesn't or shouldn't have any thing to do with it. I was the "fat kid that wore glasses" and had what was called a "girls" name. Picked on all the time by the kids. And had an abusive father. I'm 65 and never killed anyone. And own, what some would say, too many guns.
It shouldn't but it does. The internet has taken bullying to a whole new level. You were called names by a small group of kids that has now been long forgotten.

Now the whole world knows and that name calling will last until the internet no longer exists. Tell me that does not put severe emotional trauma on a child.

Last edited:

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
I think this person just wanted their name to go down in history. And apparently they had no other notable qualities they turned to this.
All this sensationalism by the media is just what they crave.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Don't blame firearms. 22 kids were killed in a China school by knife attack Yesterday as well.
Got to get the facts right
from your link:
Yesterday, a Guangshan county hospital administrator said there were no deaths, although two of the children were badly injured and had been transferred to better-equipped hospitals outside the county
For the record, I agree guns aren't at fault, however if there's one thing that this coincidental same day massacre illustrates, it's that a gun is much more effective at mowing down a classroom full of elementary students than a knife.

That being said, either of these nutcases, in the absence of guns AND knives, could have achieved a much higher body count with a couple of strategically placed fires, and you can't outlaw fire.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I think this person just wanted their name to go down in history. And apparently they had no other notable qualities they turned to this.
All this sensationalism by the media is just what they crave.
I guess I would have to be as twisted as the shooter to understand how you can revel in your new found infamy from the grave.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
We can't outlaw guns, just look at mexico and thats what happens when you dissarm your civilians. The criminals take over cause their the only one with guns.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Are you seriously comparing the USA, a country with a GDP per capita of $48000, with Mexico, a country with a GDP per capita of £10000?

A better example would be developed countries in Europe.

The UK, Ireland, France, Germany for example.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Australia is the best example IMO. You're free to google that; I won't taint the discussion with my own opinions, as that would be very political of me.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Sadly, I don't feel this is the last incident we will hear about this year. The whole Mayan thing and"contagion of violence" (pp39-49) with media overloading people's heads with information and "entertainment". No, the Mayan 12/21/2012 is nothing more than a date which would have zero significance were it not for Ancient Aliens and similar shows.

Once one domino falls, such as the mall shooting in Oregon, the rest of the unstable dominoes will follow. :(

"What is wrong? We tolerate mediocrity and call it diversity." -- unknown

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
I guess I would have to be as twisted as the shooter to understand how you can revel in your new found infamy from the grave.
There has been prison interviews of killers that planned on dying at the scene of their crime, hoping to be remembered as the baddest or whatever. The only reason they're alive is the police didn't kill him/them at the scene.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I know this will seem like a non-sequitur, and perhaps it is.

I see a connection between these things: senseless murders (yes, some murders, though wrong, do make sense,) all bad behavior by children being blamed on ADD, ADHD, or some other TLA (three letter acronym), overprescription of pyschotropic drugs, three consecutive generations within families with no moral compass other than doing what is right in their own eyes, and children being taught that everything bad that happens to them is to be blamed on someone else.

I sat in a fast food restaurant the other day, and watched a woman with two children, who called her "Gram", tell the children to order water (free), dump the water, and refill their cups with soft drink. A plain clothes cop witnessed this, and called "Gram" on it. Gram said to the kids, "Y'all just gettin' ice, ain't you...y'all not gettin' pop." So, she taught them two object lessons at once.

ETA: And not for a second do I believe the ready availability of paper cups caused those kids to steal.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Are you seriously comparing the USA, a country with a GDP per capita of $48000, with Mexico, a country with a GDP per capita of £10000?

A better example would be developed countries in Europe.

The UK, Ireland, France, Germany for example.
Not really cause mexico's on our border and your under estimating the gun culture we have here. Another issue is with so many die hard gun owners iin hte US if you outlaw guns then you would create a lot of criminals.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I think if we can find the answer to why a hollywood movie star can make over $100 million a year, while persons with handicaps are turned away from basic health care, we'll have some insight as to 'what's going wrong'.

Status
Not open for further replies.