RFID Antenna Reading issues

mt selvamurugan

Joined Nov 5, 2015
Hi,

we are using Motorola FX7500 RFID reader with single antenna for vehicle tracking.Customer is already having existing Motorola FX7400 reader with 3 RFID antenna's.My Passive tags are placed in windscreen of the vehicle's and customer tags are placed in driver door side(distance between door and tag is 30 cm). The distance between my reader antenna and customer antennas are having only 1 mtr. when both the antennas are connected,customer tags are not read in their software.when we are disconnecting our antenna-cable from reader ,customer tags are reading well.The RF wave propagation will affect antenna each other?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hi,

we are using Motorola FX7500 RFID reader with single antenna for vehicle tracking.Customer is already having existing Motorola FX7400 reader with 3 RFID antenna's.My Passive tags are placed in windscreen of the vehicle's and customer tags are placed in driver door side(distance between door and tag is 30 cm). The distance between my reader antenna and customer antennas are having only 1 mtr. when both the antennas are connected,customer tags are not read in their software.when we are disconnecting our antenna-cable from reader ,customer tags are reading well.The RF wave propagation will affect antenna each other?
With the passive tags, the antenna is both a wireless charging mechanism (receiving energy from your "reader" AND a broadcast antenna (for the rfid chip to send data back to the reader.

Your customers tag is likely getting charged by your reader and still sending it's data out when it passes through the customers reader and, therefore cannot be charged and reset, charged and broadcast in that short period of time.