Rex c100 - problems to set it up

nicocarlini

Joined May 6, 2021
Good afternoon! this is Nico and this is my first post so I don't know if this is the right place to post it .
Thanks in advance for your help!
I am running a brewery and I built a control panel to control the temperature of my fermentors. I ve trying to find information to do a propper setup of my PID controllers ( RKC rex c100 w/ pt100 3-wire sensors) but I could not find anything useful for what I have to do.
I am trying to:
> have the chance to put the setpoint under 0 deg Celcius ( I can not go under 0)..
>change the sampling time (now is measuring the temp every second) I would like to read the temp every 2 or 3 minutes.
>currently the pid activates the relay when the read temp is 0.1 deg C higher than the set point. I want to change this "0.1" for "0.5 or 1 deg. C).
>when the PID reads temps under 0 deg C, the measured temp display starts blinking... I would like to stop this blinking thing...

guys thanks for your time and have a good day

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
> have the chance to put the setpoint under 0 deg Celcius ( I can not go under 0)..
Check your REX C100 model code:
1620369920968.png
1620369841302.png
>change the sampling time (now is measuring the temp every second) I would like to read the temp every 2 or 3 minutes.
1620367736254.png
>currently the pid activates the relay when the read temp is 0.1 deg C higher than the set point. I want to change this "0.1" for "0.5 or 1 deg. C).
For PT100 sensor it is always "0.1" discrete.
>when the PID reads temps under 0 deg C, the measured temp display starts blinking... I would like to stop this blinking thing...
1620367596950.png
=========================================
1620370263003.png
ADDED:
You can try to change factory model code and obtain desired parameters, using information from rex_manual.pdf.
ADDED:
Initial setting manual: c100set.pdf.
ADDED:
I couldn't find the parameter to change the sampling time, I don not know if the "proportional cycle" will be shown when another parameter is Set (like by setting Autotuning ON) or so...
in touch and thanks again
"Proportional cycle" is exactly parameter you need for changing sampling time.
It is independent parameter which is not affected by process of working in different modes, include autotuning.

Attachments

Last edited:

nicocarlini

Joined May 6, 2021
GOod morning! thanks a los Danko for your prompt reply! I really appreciate.
The sensors are not the problem, I think there is a setting in the PID blocking me the chance to set values under 0... (maybe is related RANGE LIMIT).
I will try to change this range as soon as I can.
keep you posted, thanks again!
Nico

nicocarlini

Joined May 6, 2021
update,
I changed the lower limit, so now I can set the temp under 0 deg C.
I couldn't find the parameter to change the sampling time, I don not know if the "proportional cycle" will be shown when another parameter is Set (like by setting Autotuning ON) or so...
in touch and thanks again