Resistor Help

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Here is the Manual on the Amp I've been working on, a little late in asking this question because I just realized something while looking up the part # in the Manual. The Schematic say's 3 watt resistor and the parts list say's 2 watt the part # is on page 13 marked #6105. Their marked MPR 22k 2w x2 this is a dual package.

Onkyo Manual

Could someone clarify if I could put a 2 watt in because ebay has a bunch. https://www.ebay.com/itm/172364617487?ul_noapp=true

Then their is the issue of finding a little transistor that sits between the biasing transistors #6015 can't find it either.

kv

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
They're 0.22Ω, not 0.22k. I say go for 2W, if that's what the package is marked, unless you suspect they have overheated because of an inadequate power rating. If you can't get a dual package have you got space for two single resistors?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The schematic implies that the resistor is 0.22Ω and that there are two of them, one on either side of that black dot.

I agree with @Alec_t that, if the original is 2W, replacing it with a 2W is OK. But it's worth asking, if it has failed, do you really want to risk the 2W rating? Do you know why it failed?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
The schematic implies that the resistor is 0.22Ω and that there are two of them, one on either side of that black dot.

I agree with @Alec_t that, if the original is 2W, replacing it with a 2W is OK. But it's worth asking, if it has failed, do you really want to risk the 2W rating? Do you know why it failed?
The receiver SBL channel blew because of user error, the guy was hooking up the speaker while the unit was on or it happened when the carpet layer cut his speaker cable while replacing the carpet either way the channel was shorted.

It appears to be so, 2 watts x 2 total of 4 watts between them. Now I need to know if the original resistors are non-inductive the same as the ones on ebay.

I think I'll have to pull one from a working channel and measure it, or just run with what the schematic say's .22ohm, if you look at the ones on ebay, their marked .22ohm KX2 maybe the K means something different than whats on the original part in the receiver.

Thanks for the help, anyone know where I can locate the little transistor? Q6015 - part # 2sc1740s-s (Onkyo part #) 2213285T

kv

Edit: Correction this is what the part is marked in the receiver... no period.

MPR 22k 2w x2 this is a dual package, just 22k

Edit:Edit: I corrected the original TS.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I think I'll have to pull one from a working channel and measure it
With the power off, an Ohmmeter reading of the corresponding resistors in situ in one of the working channels would confirm whether the value is 0.22, or 2.2 or 22 Ohms.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
With the power off, an Ohmmeter reading of the corresponding resistors in situ in one of the working channels would confirm whether the value is 0.22, or 2.2 or 22 Ohms.
I tried that, in circuit won't let me on any setting, it's just weird.

kv

Edit: @Alec_t I just took another reading and it's .5 ohms, my cheap VM couldn't see it. My fluke could read it.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
So is the 0.5Ω reading, unless that includes about 0.3 for the meter leads plus probes and contacts :confused:.
I picked up the Art of Electronics and they covered that a bit, I completely forgot to add that resistance as well as calibration issues. This meter is old old old, it doesn't read well just like me.:D

Thanks,

kv