Replacing BT headset speakers

jzeds1491

Joined Feb 5, 2020
Hi everyone , I have a few Bluetooth earphones lying around
121313412171.jpg
and I want to replace the speaker of it to a bigger size, actually transferring it inside a headphone images.jpg, so only battery size and speaker size will increase ,
-my question is that, can the bt-earphone circuit handle the bigger size speaker?(37ohm instead of 34)
-also can I add aux output/input directly connected to speaker?
(output is when I want to connect through headphones to non-bluetooth stereo systems, input for when it's out of charge but still I will be able to listen using an aux cable)
++++earphones speaker resistance is 34 ohm and the headphones are 37ohm each

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Unless you have pretty detailed specifications for the original headset and the speakers (drivers) the only way to tell is by trying it. The difference between 34 ohms and 37 ohms should be insignificant. What you need to know is the sound pressure level (SPL) you can expect per milliwatts into the enclosed headset speaker and the amount of power you can get from the Bluetooth receiver.

jzeds1491

Joined Feb 5, 2020
Unless you have pretty detailed specifications for the original headset and the speakers (drivers) the only way to tell is by trying it. The difference between 34 ohms and 37 ohms should be insignificant. What you need to know is the sound pressure level (SPL) you can expect per milliwatts into the enclosed headset speaker and the amount of power you can get from the Bluetooth receiver.
Thanks for replying, can I connect drivers directly to an aux ?
Picture of the board:
IMG_20200217_130650.jpg

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
For connecting an external source to the headset you will need a small stereo jack with switches to disconnect the internal receiver from the speakers. That is the same arrangement of switching also used to disconnect a speaker when you plug in headphones, so it should be available.
There ought to be power available to drive the headphone speakers, but not at the typical ear-bleeding volume many folks use. And a benefit is that you will have room for higher capacity batteries.

jzeds1491

Joined Feb 5, 2020
For connecting an external source to the headset you will need a small stereo jack with switches to disconnect the internal receiver from the speakers. That is the same arrangement of switching also used to disconnect a speaker when you plug in headphones, so it should be available.
There ought to be power available to drive the headphone speakers, but not at the typical ear-bleeding volume many folks use. And a benefit is that you will have room for higher capacity batteries.
Thanks, all connections should disconnect or only GND disconnecting will do the job?

+BT circuit is working perfect with my headphone, clear and loud with acceptable BASS

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Thanks, all connections should disconnect or only GND disconnecting will do the job?

+BT circuit is working perfect with my headphone, clear and loud with acceptable BASS
With the jacks that I have used it is the ring and tip circuits that disconnect automatic. The sleeve, (common) would be a challenge to disconnect. The challenge that I see is the wiring and the mounting of the external source connector. THe BT headset in the photo does not look like it has any spare room.

jzeds1491

Joined Feb 5, 2020
With the jacks that I have used it is the ring and tip circuits that disconnect automatic. The sleeve, (common) would be a challenge to disconnect. The challenge that I see is the wiring and the mounting of the external source connector. THe BT headset in the photo does not look like it has any spare room.
Finding this kind of automatic jack would be challenging and I should probably let it go, thanks for helping me here!