Replacing beep circuit

vstollmeyer

Joined Jun 21, 2017
Hello I have 0 experience designing circuits, how every I know how to read circuits and how to build them from blue print. I am looking to replace a piezo speaker with two car tweeters. My truck does not have back up sensors, so I bought some universal aftermarket backup sensors. The kit came with piezo buzzer that they want me to put on the dash, the buzzer is not that loud and it does not look good sitting on the dash of my truck. So i am trying figure out how to remove the piezo buzzer and connect two speakers instead. these two speakers will not be connected to the stereo and I am thinking of adding a amplifier. if someone could please design a circuit for me and post it I would really appreciate it, Thank you in advance.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
More info would be required for anyone to take a stab. Some piezo buzzers require a tone be sent to them, like a speaker. Some have that built in and require only power to make noise.

Are there just two wires going to the buzzer now? You could test those wires to see if it's DC power or an audio signal. Once we know that, a solution will be 'easy'.

To test, look first for a DC voltage. If you find anything more than a volt, it's probably the second kind of buzzer. A low or zero voltage suggests an audio signal. Do you have any electrical components laying around, in particular a capacitor? You can listen to the wires, using an audio amplifier and making the connection with a capacitor in series. A 10K resistor would add additional safety. This is capacitive coupling of an audio signal. You could also just connect directly but there are some risks to your amplifier from doing that. You want to tell if there's a tone being transmitted on the wires.

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
The kit came with piezo buzzer that they want me to put on the dash, the buzzer is not that loud and it does not look good sitting on the dash of my truck. So i am trying figure out how to remove the piezo buzzer and connect two speakers instead. these two speakers will not be connected to the stereo and I am thinking of adding a amplifier. if someone could please design a circuit for me and post it I would really appreciate it, Thank you in advance.
Who are the "they" that want you to put the buzzer on the dash? It only needs to be heard.
When you say it's "not that loud" does that mean you can't hear it? piezo buzzers are usually considered too loud at short ranges.
How did you determine that you need two speakers and an amplifier? How is this better than one speaker/ buzzer for this application?

If the buzzer isn't loud enough, then the first step is to investigate the possibility of replacing it with a compatible louder device.

Last edited: