Replacement motor wiring help required

baldykev

Joined Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone, my name is kev.
This is probably the wrong place to post but seemed suitable.....

I have a kity 613 bandsaw with a dead motor. In fact its been dead for about 2 years but since im in lockdown ive finally had time to do something about it!!
The original was a 240v 720w. I decided to upgrade it whilst i was buying a new motor ( i couldnt locate an original or direct replacement anyway )....
From the 240 plug, its 3 core up to the nvr switch, then from the switch its 4 core tonthe original motor.... but the new motor wiring diagram only shows live, neutral and earth.
The 4 core is comprised brown, blue, black and earth.
I have wired the earth, live and neutral to their positions but i have no idea what to do with the black :D

Thanks for any replies ( and some patience! )

baldykev

Joined Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone, my name is kev.
This is probably the wrong place to post but seemed suitable.....

I have a kity 613 bandsaw with a dead motor. In fact its been dead for about 2 years but since im in lockdown ive finally had time to do something about it!!
The original was a 240v 720w. I decided to upgrade it whilst i was buying a new motor ( i couldnt locate an original or direct replacement anyway )....
From the 240 plug, its 3 core up to the nvr switch, then from the switch its 4 core tonthe original motor.... but the new motor wiring diagram only shows live, neutral and earth.
The 4 core is comprised brown, blue, black and earth.
I have wired the earth, live and neutral to their positions but i have no idea what to do with the black :D

Thanks for any replies ( and some patience! )
P.s, the replacement is 1100w 240v and for some reason im struggling to upload piks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yes, more info is needed, the type of motor etc.
Where are you located?
One may be a neutral that is not needed for this 240v motor.
Depends on the nature of your supply at your location.
Max.