Replacement for 2SC2482 transistor?

spikespiegelbebop

Joined Nov 30, 2021
What kind of collector voltage do you really need?
This is the original data from the 2SC2482:

1669091374690.png

Hello,

Do you have a schematic of the circuit where the transistor is used?

Bertus
I do and I don't. I have something here, but I'm not sure if that's the correct schematic, but that's all I could find.
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/...eet-neither-service-manual-of-a-crt-tv.190140
if you do not have an exact replacement,the next best thing to do is try the nearest replacement in hand. in this case, it is an easy three lead soldering job. why not try it? if it does not work, you can always remove it easely and try another one. just try to concentrate on voltage and current ratings. they should always be higher than the original part.
It's a 2SC2482, but I don't know for sure if I have the right schematic. The link for the schematic is here anyway.

spikespiegelbebop

Joined Nov 30, 2021
Hello,

The BF458 could also work.
See the attached datasheet for details.

Bertus
Is the BF459 the same thing as the BF458? Cause I've just disassembled the TV and remembered that I totally forgot that I already have soldered a BF459 on the neckboard, the result was a screen which the only color was the blue from the RGB. Yes I can see the image, but everything is blue...

And everything he sees is just blue
Like him inside and outside...

spikespiegelbebop

Joined Nov 30, 2021
Found out what was happening. Someone before me messed up with the neckboard's soldering in some points, some resistors and a flat cable were faulty. I soldered everything again and it worked just fine. Turned out that I did not need to replace the BF459 after all. I just need to do some little adjustment to the convergence rings now and we're ready to go for a bartop arcade like this one:
1669201210567.png
It's just that it will have the best picture quality that only a CRT screen can offer for 240p retrogaming. :D

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone that participated in this post, because it was very educative and I really needed the info, I've learned that I didn't need a transistor with the very same voltage, wattage, amperage and hfe values for replacing a amplifier transistor. Even the frequency and the hfe of the BF458/BF459 are different from the values in the 2SC2482 and it works just fine, actually it works better than I expected. :D

I hope you guys have a great week, thank you very much and a happy Merry Christmas in advance. :)
This thread can be marked as solved now.

spikespiegelbebop

Joined Nov 30, 2021
Hi guys, it looks like the fix didn't... fully... work. I was still needing to adjust the convergence rings and finally got time to do so. I've noticed that a part of the screen just won't adjust and I believe that's because of the transistor that I've used.

The following image is from when I was still adjusting the rings, but even after I've finished, those blue/greenish stripes were still there:

1670403118577.png

I believe this might have something to do with the amplifying value of the BF459.

abrsvc

Joined Jun 16, 2018
The 2SC2482 crosses to an NTE399. Any reason not to use that replacement? Digikey has 319 of them in stock for $3.60 each?

Dan