Regulator in simulink

Key

Joined Jun 21, 2013
Hello everyone, while rummaging through my study materials for something to read, I noticed something interesting.
I have attached a small image about an assignment I had a year ago or so.
Our job was to create/tune a regulator where the output would perform in the manner as close to as those red lines.
Although I already did the subject and passed it, I lost big points in the exam for failing this assignment, the main problem I had was with the rising and falling edges, I had no idea how to do the timing, and using "delay" blocks was the totally wrong way of doing it.
Asking for help was out of question, as we simply got our assignments and had to study on our own (friday night, saturday morning, a few times a month).
I dont have simulink any longer.
I ask you, how would you guys have done this ?

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
But there is no indication of what the graph with the red line IS!

What are the axes? What are the scales involved.

Key

Joined Jun 21, 2013
Hmm, yea, ive kinda lost those, they came on a seperate paper, they had multiple choices according to your student ID, all I have is this graph on my computer with the PT2 block, also still searching my own work of this, but it was just some delay and P,I,D blocks how I saw fit.
Im fairly certain that the x-axis was time, and had 10 seconds in one grid block. Y-axis was probably voltage, how much, I dont remember, lets just say 2 volts per grid block. Now I know that these data you ask of me actually matter when creating your regulator, but I simply wish to know how to solve the rising/falling edges problem.