Regulated Power Supply Wth Zener Diode

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
question 1 in the parentheses N R C and RL
What is N? I can't find it with a cursory look at the diagram.
What is my student number? Maybe my student number is N. Is that correct?
Sorry mine expired 50 years ago and I don't have one any more.
Can you show us any work that you have completed so far?

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
everything is great but your transformer and output voltage are not specified . . . e.g. -- there will be differences for ~9V to ~110V secondary RMS even if it's an ideal ~AC supply

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
everything is great but your transformer and output voltage are not specified . . . e.g. -- there will be differences for ~9V to ~110V secondary RMS even if it's an ideal ~AC supply
The output voltage is implied by the assignment of a zener diode according to the last digit of the student number. I don't have one of those; do you?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I mean, our education was disrupted because of the corona. I want help for this
Corona? Too much illumination from the sun.
Cry me a river. Do you think you are the only poor soul affected?

Moderator's note: Please forgive this rude post, somebody is having a bad day.

Last edited by a moderator:

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
sorry my bad ... the last column in the table is \(V_0\) but the TF ' still a mystery .... even if the task is to find minimum input power configuration for given output ... the thing solution depends on the allowed max filter cap value . . .

? what is your task exactly

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
This is progressive teaching going from simple and later it can grow to become a better PS
The project is taking your student id number and finding the zener on the chart. entering the drawing on ltspice and observing what a 100 mA load looks like and determining what capacitors value will get the PS to < 2 % ripple. The math will show ratio The AC could be a source the diode rectifier on are the task. please upload a snap shot of your schematic. after that is good
go to part B and C. You can make a few decisions because the information may not jump out at you but in the end the values for the selected zener will either match the teachers values that he demonstrated without having a classroom or you get a grade for effort. In this project more assertiveness is needed and imperfection can be edited to correct them. Don't observe become proactive and don't worry about burning up the simulator.

If you are not familiar with ltspice and would like to proceed in understanding zener regulation you could observe but it is more fun to mess with these parts yourself it is a challenge to learn to get really precise with a zener the linear power supply should be easier if the zener concept model has been built. If you can explain to yourself as well as this guy then you have enough concept for setting up a zener.

*********************************************************************************
Finally an extra credit students might modify the project for improvement but less simple, might end up by adding more components to the Z reference and the copper board yes really smart way to go:
https://www.eleccircuit.com/simple-fixed-dc-regulator-using-transistor-zener-diode-with-pcb/

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The project is taking your student id number and finding the zener on the chart. entering the drawing on ltspice and observing what a 100 mA load looks like and determining what capacitors value will get the PS to < 2 % ripple. The math will show ratio
go to part B and C. You can make a few decisions because the information may not jump out at you but in the end the values for the selected zener will either match the teachers values that he demonstrated without having a classroom or you get a grade for effort..
I have to say that in this era of cooperate-to-graduate this is a fairly innovative approach to discourage the copying of someone else's homework. I guess the search would be on for somebody that had the same last digit as you did. I give the instructor an A for effort.

Electronici

Joined May 3, 2020
OK.NWM ı am gonna complete by myself . thnx for your attentıon If you want to learn, I can also upload my solution

Electronici

Joined May 3, 2020
sorry my bad ... the last column in the table is \(V_0\) but the TF ' still a mystery .... even if the task is to find minimum input power configuration for given output ... the thing solution depends on the allowed max filter cap value . . .

? what is your task exactly
take one of the student number. there is a Vo voltage here.What you see, I see it no more than you

Electronici

Joined May 3, 2020
you know what , ı think you are talking so unnecessary because you couldn't do bla bla bla

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you are not interested, you can leave the damn place. Don't waste my time writing unnecessary articles.!!
I'd be careful with the use of profanity. I'm not liable to leave after being here for 14+ years, so that isn't going to happen.
Just posting a copy of the problem statement without any information on what you have tried or where you are stuck is more than a bit ambiguous. As numerous members would point out to you this is not Homework Done For You. If you like I will submit my answer to your instructor and ask him if he will give you credit for my work. Would that be OK with you? You need to show some industry in collecting and analyzing the given information so you can articulate the parts you do not understand. This is now post #18 and you are still no closer to an answer. You might want to try it our way, because what you are currently doing -- isn't working.