Regarding Samacsys and Ultra Librarian.

moonlystar1111

Joined Feb 1, 2024
I want to simulate a circuit which includes an IC manufactured by companies like On semi and Texas Instruments. I want to know is it possible to do so? Because these IC doesn't have internal circuit provided openly by the manufacturers. There is Samacsys and Ultra Librarian which provides schematic symbol and pcb footprint. If I download it from them, am I able to simulate the circuit?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Not if it's just a schematic symbol and a PCB footprint. You need a simulation model in order to simulate it.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I there a possibility to get Spice simulation model apart from the manufacturers?
Of course there's a possibility. I could make a simulation model for some part and make it available. But finding out that I happen to have a model for the particular part you are looking for might be problematic.

There is a member here, @Bordodynov, who has a collection of device models. Maybe he can help you.

But the best place to start is the manufacturer's website.

For instance, I just went to the TI website, picked a part, and looked at that part's page and there was the following:

1715235092405.png

Now, whether that model file will work with your simulator is a different story, but most real simulators support the SPICE model files and most manufacturers supply SPICE models for that reason.

moonlystar1111

Joined Feb 1, 2024
Of course there's a possibility. I could make a simulation model for some part and make it available. But finding out that I happen to have a model for the particular part you are looking for might be problematic.

There is a member here, @Bordodynov, who has a collection of device models. Maybe he can help you.

But the best place to start is the manufacturer's website.

For instance, I just went to the TI website, picked a part, and looked at that part's page and there was the following:

View attachment 321938

Now, whether that model file will work with your simulator is a different story, but most real simulators support the SPICE model files and most manufacturers supply SPICE models for that reason.
Thanks for the information.
But can you tell me what's the purpose of provind schematic symbol when it can be created easily..

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thanks for the information.
But can you tell me what's the purpose of provind schematic symbol when it can be created easily..
Efficiency and standardization, at least to some degree.

Also, good schematic symbols are not so easy to make, because they should allow the user to set various model parameters.