Recepie Exchange

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Cray-fish, craw-fish, to-may-to, to-mah-to.:rolleyes: We also call them "crawdads." Name them "Astacidae" and they'll still be yummy little bugs! :D

The buffalo (Bovinae Bison bison) I broiled tonight was pretty good too. It got me thinking - the real reason for their near extinction was because they taste so good.

Salmon roasts tomorrow. (Oncorhynchus, wild caught near Alaska. Didn't ask if it was kisutch or gorbuscha since it was on special. Couldn't tell by looking since it was already cut up. The wild-caught tshawytscha was another buck a pound.) It will be baked with lemon and a hint of garlic. Grapes, steamed brocoli, & boiled Yukon golds on the side. With home-brewed mead, naturally.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Cray-fish, craw-fish, to-may-to, to-mah-to.:rolleyes: We also call them "crawdads." Name them "Astacidae" and they'll still be yummy little bugs! :D

The buffalo (Bovinae Bison bison) I broiled tonight was pretty good too. It got me thinking - the real reason for their near extinction was because they taste so good.

Salmon roasts tomorrow. (Oncorhynchus, wild caught near Alaska. Didn't ask if it was kisutch or gorbuscha since it was on special. Couldn't tell by looking since it was already cut up. The wild-caught tshawytscha was another buck a pound.) It will be baked with lemon and a hint of garlic. Grapes, steamed brocoli, & boiled Yukon golds on the side. With home-brewed mead, naturally.
Crawdads?? One of the bar-flies in my local pub keeps waffling on about crawdads and I can't decifer what he is going on about, so they are real? I thought it was one of those beer-induced ficticious words!

thingmaker3 you live like a king! (Though I can like without salmon - give me 'meaty' fish anyday) I'm going to have to pull my finger out and start producing some cullenry delights that I can share - tonight we're on Beef Buffad :)

Dave

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I have just discovered crumpets. Love 'em!! :D Those little pores are perfect for holding honey, hollandaise, or whatever! They're a tad expensive from the specialty store, however.

Can any of you in the UK pass on an authentic recipe? The web is all over the place on proportions of flour to liquid. The web is also all over the place on whether to mix water with the milk, whether to use butter, etc. One "Scottish" recipe even calls for eggs.

And are there any pointers on what makes a good crumpet ring?

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
i found a good article on crumpet on wiki,
i myself have rarely feasted upon anything of non asian origin. hoing to get a hand on them soon.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I have just discovered crumpets. Love 'em!! :D Those little pores are perfect for holding honey, hollandaise, or whatever! They're a tad expensive from the specialty store, however.

Can any of you in the UK pass on an authentic recipe? The web is all over the place on proportions of flour to liquid. The web is also all over the place on whether to mix water with the milk, whether to use butter, etc. One "Scottish" recipe even calls for eggs.

And are there any pointers on what makes a good crumpet ring?
Crumpets are the best! I particularly like them with baked beans and cheese. As for a receipe, I have never come across them since they are two-a-penny here in the UK. Will have a chat to the missus tonight since shes a culinary dab-hand ('good at cooking' for those unfamiliar with the lingo).

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Crumpets are the best! I particularly like them with baked beans and cheese. As for a receipe, I have never come across them since they are two-a-penny here in the UK. Will have a chat to the missus tonight since shes a culinary dab-hand ('good at cooking' for those unfamiliar with the lingo).
Dave
You just reminded me of "Georgies, tarts and crumpets" transforming into "Orgies, tarts and crumpet". LOL