Read FUSE bit and modify without effect any damage to program space

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
His problem is that he wants to change the fuses without erasing the entire chip. There is a reason that is not supported.
Gee. Would that reason have anything to do with preventing bad actors from copying code from a working device. I'll bet that is why they made it that way.

micropad

Joined Dec 24, 2011
By reading datasheet I obvious that the only solution Self-Programmability

Please advice any one who have experience in this area • Self-Programmability

Self-Programming

Microchip's PIC16F87X family features self programming capability. Self programming enables remote upgrades to the Flash program memory and the end equipment through a variety of medium ranging from Internet and modem to RF and infrared. To setup for self programming, the designer programs a simple boot loader algorithm in a code-protected area of the Flash program memory. Through the selected medium, a secure command allows entry into the PIC16F87X microcontroller through the USART, I²C™ or SPI™ serial communication ports. The boot loader is then enabled to reprogram the PIC16F87X Flash program memory with data received over the desired medium. Self programming is accomplished without the need for external components and without limitations on the PIC16F87X's operating speed or voltage.

Last edited: