questions, UP / down counters

arivel

Joined Mar 4, 2018
hi I have three questions to ask, if you can answer me.
1) do you know if there are UP / down counters with the clock working both on the rising edge and also on the falling edge?
2) I have to make two ICs belonging to two different families, the CD40193 and the 74HC154, work together. Which solutions can be adopted?
the only solutions that came to my mind are the following.
- simply make the CD40193 work at the same power supply voltage as the 74HC154.
- use a dual power supply with central socket (-6. 0. +6) then power cd40193 with -6. 0. +6. then feed 74HC154 with -6. 0
then interpose the 74HC4050 chip between the two chips.
3) it seems that there are many integrated remote control encoder / decoder Rf / Ir but I only know two. mc145026 / 27 (discontinued) and HT12e / d.
I can't figure out how long it takes to change the status of the outputs.
thank you

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You have three questions in one post.
It is best to keep your questions on different topics in separate threads. And it is better to post one thread at a time, i.e. get one question answered before starting another thread.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I will answer questions 1) and 2)

1) No. Counters will advance on one edge. You can design an add-on circuit that converts rising and falling edges to give two clock pulses.

2) CD4xxx and 74HCxxx will operate on +5V supply. There is no need to use separate supplies.
Since the two families use CMOS technology the input and output voltages are compatible.

arivel

Joined Mar 4, 2018
fine thanks.
let's stay on the up / down counter. this is a different question.
the cd40193 has two clock inputs, to work, one of the two inputs must receive a clock from low to high state and the other input must be high otherwise it does not count. is there a chip that has independent clock inputs?.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
fine thanks.
the cd40193 has two clock inputs, to work, one of the two inputs must receive a clock from low to high state and the other input must be high otherwise it does not count. is there a chip that has independent clock inputs?.
I don't understand the question.

CD40193 has two clock inputs. You cannot count up and count down at the same time.
When you choose to count up or down, the unused clock must be held high. That is the condition for counting.
If you want the other input to be kept low, then put two inverters before each clock input.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
fine thanks.
This may go better if you explain, in detail, what exactly you want to do? The chip is a 4 bit synchronous Up Down counter available in a TTL (5 volt) version or a higher voltage CMOS version. The count will increment or decrement a count on a positive transition of a clock pulse. To Count Up the clock is applied to the clock up input while the clock down pin is held high and visa versa.

Now if you wish to fo example keep a count of how many people are in a room as people enter and exit then yes, that can be done with some added front end circuitry.

Ron

arivel

Joined Mar 4, 2018
scusate il ritardo ma in questi giorni la salute non è dalla mia parte.
questo è quello che sto cercando di fare.
è un controllo del volume del relè.
non è completo ma dà un'idea di come voglio implementarlo.
a sinistra c'è la sezione del telecomando.
gli interruttori a due vie mostrati sotto il CD40193 sono in realtà dei relè bistabili che hanno il compito di memorizzare le uscite del contatore.

Edit by moderator: Please post in English.
Google Translate
sorry for the delay but these days health is not on my side.
this is what i am trying to do.
is a relay volume control.
it is not complete but it gives an idea of how I want to implement it.
on the left is the remote control section.
the two-way switches shown below the CD40193 are actually bistable relays which have the task of memorizing the counter outputs.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Edit by moderator: Please post in English.
Google Translate
sorry for the delay but these days health is not on my side.
this is what i am trying to do.
is a relay volume control.
it is not complete but it gives an idea of how I want to implement it.
on the left is the remote control section.
the two-way switches shown below the CD40193 are actually bistable relays which have the task of memorizing the counter outputs.
Why do you need a 6-pole relay? Just hardwire everything together and use a single-pole relay.

Is this an intended connection or just a crossing:
1601977132452.png

arivel

Joined Mar 4, 2018
Why do you need a 6-pole relay? Just hardwire everything together and use a single-pole relay.

Is this an intended connection or just a crossing:
View attachment 218865
it is not a relay with 6 diverters but six independent relays with a diverter contact. in reality in this case only 5 relays would be needed. the coil of each relay is controlled by each single output of the counter cd40193.
the dots that can be seen are the result of the many redesigns of the scheme. they are useless and should be canceled

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Maybe it would help to use a more conventional symbol for your relay(s) so a viewer can tell what are the control signals and what are the controlled signals:

1601981096763.png

In this symbol, pins 5 & 2 are the control signal and pins 1, 3, & 4 are the controlled signal.

arivel

Joined Mar 4, 2018
I omitted the bistable relays part because the scheme got too heavy and messed up. There are those with single coil and two other types with two coils. it is clear to me how the coil of the single coil bistable relay must be connected but not so for the other two types. I show with only one single coil bistable relay.
I was in a hurry I hope I drew right

Attachments

arivel

Joined Mar 4, 2018
what interests me most is to know how you would choose the implementation between the remote control and the inputs of the cd40193

arivel

Joined Mar 4, 2018
no comment ?.
at least can you tell me how you would make the circuit that controls the inputs of the HT12E? . I'm interested in the two buttons that, passing through HT12E, control the inputs of the CD40193 counter.
one button controls the UP input (D6-ht12e), the other button controls the DOWN input (D7-ht12e).
there would also be the third button (D8-ht12e) for the MUTE function but for the moment we leave it pending.
the attached image shows what must arrive at the HT12E inputs.
I don't know yet how long the high-low state sequence on D must last and consequently the duration of the negative impulse on TE

Attachments