Q. Transistor and Capacitor

tycbox

Joined May 9, 2014
Hi, Was wondering if someone can answer this question for me. Is it possible to print a transistor and capacitor on thin film. I'm thinking of doing a project making something that's only .50mm (.02 inch thick), need a power source, which will include a transistor and capacitor, just want to know if I can go to a manufacture or somewhere to get this done or is it even possible? Smart phones nowadays are very thin, was wondering if they use this kind of technology in the phones?

Thank you in advance..
Tyl

tycbox

Joined May 9, 2014
Thank you. I was just wondering, and do you know where do I begin to find someone to do this? need for a build a thin device that is only .55mm thick and need these components (capacitor, transistor) to be included in there.. I live in california, by chance anyone know where I can go? thanks again.

tycbox

Joined May 9, 2014
sorry, i closed the other thread, thought i was posting the wrong forum, didn't know how to delete it..

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Why don't you tell us more about what you are trying to do? A transistor and a capacitor does not make a power source. Where is the power coming from? Surely it is more than 0.5mm thick.

Bob

tycbox

Joined May 9, 2014
Sorry, didn't mean to be secretive or vague about my project. I understand that there's more than a resistor, transistor, and capacitor and need a power source. It's just that I made this thing in a larger scale it worked, just wondering if it's doable in a smaller scale (ultra thin). That's why i asked specifically if these components can be printed on a thin film or that kind of thickness. for power source, i will be using ultra thin battery. Thank you so much for your help.

Ty

Last edited: