Push button switch not activating the relay

sboez00

Joined Aug 18, 2019
Hello,

Pardon my lack of knowledge into this subject, I’ve just recently started getting into electronics as my job has tasked me with creating a device that mainly needs 3 electronic aspects: a push button switch, a relay, and a solenoid valve. I have wired up everything to the best of my ability, and found that both the relay and solenoid work as intended, but only with a specific setting...

On a specific relay setting, I am able to plug in the power source and it will delay to the set amount of time and then activate, which confirms that the relay and solenoid work, but I can never get the switch to do it. Is it a bad switch? Is the switch wired incorrectly, any help is good for an idiot like myself!

ThanksED3F80A5-C30E-44F3-8073-10AB166FB761.jpeg8D262ABF-8FF9-45F5-BBE1-EDF02001FF42.jpegD884203B-549B-4FF6-9029-B6E3743ACA97.jpeg

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Am I correct in assuming that the thing in the bottom picture is a push button switch? If so, are the red and black wires connected across a normally open contact? Disconnect the wires and check the continuity between the terminals with a multimeter set on ohms or continuity range and see if you get an open circuit and a short circuit when you push the button. If you don't, you are connected to the wrong set of terminals.

3. According to the load of the relay, it is divided into:
1) Micro power relay: When the open circuit voltage of the contact is 28V DC, the (resistance) is 0.1A, 0.2A relay.
2) Weak power relay: When the open circuit voltage of the contact is 28V DC, the (resistive) is 0.A, 1A relay.
3) Medium power relay: When the open circuit voltage of the contact is 28V DC, the (resistive) is 2A, 5A relay.
4) High-power relay: When the open-circuit voltage of the contact is 28V DC, the (resistive) is 10A, 15A, 20A, 25A, 40A... relay.