Problems with PAD size for SMA connector. Data sheet available

Omer Ahmed 3

Joined Apr 19, 2019
Hey guys so im nearly done designing of my project and the final steps is to put in pads for the SMA connector.

I cant seem to work out the pad sizes from the below data sheets.
Ive searched online for more information and couldn't find anything so i assume there`s something im not seeing in the below data sheets.

at the moment im assuming the pad width is to be 0.42 mm as shown in drawing sheet, is this correct ? and also what would the length be?

Thanks in advance folks !

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Presumably, you are using a program to draw your schematic and PCB. What program are you using?

If you have access to the free version of EAGLE files, look in library "con-coax > SMA" and you will find something like this (they are fairly standard):
upload_2019-4-19_13-18-43.png

If you want to draw yourself, find a different datasheet that shows the dimensions that you need. Remember they are usually designed for double-sided boards; although, you can use just the top pads for a single sided board.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Hey guys so im nearly done designing of my project and the final steps is to put in pads for the SMA connector.

I cant seem to work out the pad sizes from the below data sheets.
Ive searched online for more information and couldn't find anything so i assume there`s something im not seeing in the below data sheets.

at the moment im assuming the pad width is to be 0.42 mm as shown in drawing sheet, is this correct ? and also what would the length be?

Thanks in advance folks !
hi,

look at http://suddendocs.samtec.com/catalog_english/sma.pdf

Might help I hope.

Picbuster