Problem with my Lock In Amplifier (SR830)

Orangebox33

Joined May 6, 2019
Hello!
I'm just starting to work with the device. I have a few questions.
Can I make a triangular reference signal?
Can I transmit the reference signal via GPIB?
sry for my english

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There is not enough information attached to your question for anybody to even offer a best guess. What is an SR830? If a lock in amplifier, locking in to what? I know what a GPIB is, which is a digital communications buss.
There are a whole lot of really smart folks here available to share their knowledge and insight but only three of them are mind readers and so you need to provide information that you have as well as making it clear what you hope to achieve. Then you will get useful answers. Your english is adequate for this group, we just need more information.

Orangebox33

Joined May 6, 2019
There is not enough information attached to your question for anybody to even offer a best guess. What is an SR830? If a lock in amplifier, locking in to what? I know what a GPIB is, which is a digital communications buss.
There are a whole lot of really smart folks here available to share their knowledge and insight but only three of them are mind readers and so you need to provide information that you have as well as making it clear what you hope to achieve. Then you will get useful answers. Your english is adequate for this group, we just need more information.
Thanks for the answer.)
If the person who worked with this device sees this post, then he will understand the questions.
I would like, but I don’t know how to ask in another way.( These are too specific questions.

Orangebox33

Joined May 6, 2019
My useful signal is triangular. But the instrument's reference signal is a sine wave.
If I understand correctly, these two signals must be the same for synchronous detection (I do not know how correctly this is called in English). Or not?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
My useful signal is triangular. But the instrument's reference signal is a sine wave.
If I understand correctly, these two signals must be the same for synchronous detection (I do not know how correctly this is called in English). Or not?
In a direct conversion receiver the two signals only need to be the same frequency. In the phase-locked detector circuit that I have examined, the frequency to be detected is tracked by a phase locked loop (PLL) and that signal is used for the detection process. Likewise, in the phase tracking amplifiers used with LVDT devices, the reference signal gets turned into a square wave to drive the detector. So it seems that the main requirement is adequate amplitude for the signal.

Orangebox33

Joined May 6, 2019
In a direct conversion receiver the two signals only need to be the same frequency. In the phase-locked detector circuit that I have examined, the frequency to be detected is tracked by a phase locked loop (PLL) and that signal is used for the detection process. Likewise, in the phase tracking amplifiers used with LVDT devices, the reference signal gets turned into a square wave to drive the detector. So it seems that the main requirement is adequate amplitude for the signal.
I see.))))
Thank you!