Price of Oscilloscope on Ebay

Nathaniel Zhu

Joined Oct 16, 2015
I'm searching for my first oscilloscope and after like a few hours of searching and comparing, I found this on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rigol-DS105...662145?hash=item35f78fc901:g:tVQAAOSwZ1lWcniE
A rigol DS1054Z- like the best price/performance oscilloscope. Other sellers sell it for around 400 dollars.

From what I've seen a low end desktop oscilloscope should cost around 300 dollars.
And the EEVBlog guy loves this oscilloscope so if I can get this as my first oscilloscope, that'll be awesome.
If not, I'll have to default to the crappy 200mhz pc-oscilloscopes.

I bought one a few minutes ago and if it turns out to be a fake (like a few other things I've bought, ebay's got my back).

What do you think about this crazy price?!?!

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
and after like a few hours of searching and comparing, I found this on ebay.
---Emphasis added---

Two words:
Caveat emptor!

Should it come to that, you'd be far better served by even an 'oldish' analog, CRT instrument (e.g. the offerings of HP/Agilent...)

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Also selling flir e5, msrp $1,500, for $89.

I'm almost tempted to lay my money down, like at the carnival, to a carney i know is liar, to play a game i know can't be won.

cocosoft

Joined Jan 30, 2010
---Emphasis added---

Two words:
Caveat emptor!

Should it come to that, you'd be far better served by even an 'oldish' analog, CRT instrument (e.g. the offerings HP/Agilent...)

Best regards
HP
I'm searching for my first oscilloscope and after like a few hours of searching and comparing, I found this on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rigol-DS105...662145?hash=item35f78fc901:g:tVQAAOSwZ1lWcniE
A rigol DS1054Z- like the best price/performance oscilloscope. Other sellers sell it for around 400 dollars.

From what I've seen a low end desktop oscilloscope should cost around 300 dollars.
And the EEVBlog guy loves this oscilloscope so if I can get this as my first oscilloscope, that'll be awesome.

I bought one a few minutes ago and if it turns out to be a fake (like a few other things I've bought, ebay's got my back).

What do you think about this crazy price?!?!
I for one would be real happy to know if it turns out to be real, if you saw the junk I've been using for a scope you would laugh at me. If they're real I hope he has some more @ that price!

KB3X

Joined Dec 17, 2015
For a first and even a second scope a used analog is way better. Just clunk those dials and be done rather than hoping around damn menus.

Holy crap. In like just 2 hours, the number of sold devices went from 15 sold to 45 sold!!!
If this guy is a scammer, then a LOT of people will be unhappy.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Look at the negative reviews. About half say they never got their product. Seller is in China but product is in the US. That is a little strange.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Look at the negative reviews. About half say they never got their product. Seller is in China but product is in the US. That is a little strange.
Not really. The larger vendors (or those looking to grow) set up stock in the US so it is a much faster ship.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Wait, what's this development?

rigol.png

Looks like your "window of opportunity" (if there ever was any element of opportunity) has closed.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Probably had an issue with quite a few of his listings.. Wrong selling cost was entered,etc.... People ordered and he finally noticed and has closed all the incorrect listings..
I missed out on the $89 plasma/tig setup too.. I was going to order it this morning just to see

I tend to look askance at 'private auctions' -- Why eBay provides said 'haven' for shill bidders and vendors/recipients of stolen or otherwise illicit property is beyond me:confused::rolleyes:

Nathaniel Zhu

Joined Oct 16, 2015
umm....so I checked my ebay this morning and the usual
"ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED" Message Popped up.

IMAO! Is this SERIOUS?!?!
If I actually get this item, I'm going to literally vote for Trump (naa, not really).