Price of Oscilloscope on Ebay

Nathaniel Zhu

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Yup I keep ya posted

It's also shady that he didn't provide a tracking number. I'm going to ask him for one (doubt I'll receive one). All U.S shipments I recieve have tracking numbers. It's only the china ones that don't.

Nathaniel Zhu

Joined Oct 16, 2015
How can you lose?
I don't think I can. Ebay buyer protection is great. Saved me from every scammer I've dealt with. I just need to make sure I take video evidence if product arrives a fake. If it doesn't arrive, then by default, ebay will protect the buyer.

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
NEVER! EVER! Save on test and measurement equipment. You'll regret it every day. You won't be certain that you can trust the readings. You are working blind.
I have a cheap analog 'scope that served me well, because with analog 'scopes you get a feel about what's going on and can identify erroneous readings.
But it did not do all the things I needed, so I invested in an Agilent 1052b digital 'scope. Yes, 300 Euro, but I trust it.
And that's the most important thing.
Using both in combination tells me all :)

You must trust your instruments.

Benta.

Nathaniel Zhu

Joined Oct 16, 2015
NEVER! EVER! Save on test and measurement equipment. You'll regret it every day. You won't be certain that you can trust the readings. You are working blind.
I have a cheap analog 'scope that served me well, because with analog 'scopes you get a feel about what's going on and can identify erroneous readings.
But it did not do all the things I needed, so I invested in an Agilent 1052b digital 'scope. Yes, 300 Euro, but I trust it.
And that's the most important thing.
Using both in combination tells me all :)

You must trust your instruments.

Benta.
That's great if you have the money

Last edited:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
"What's the blind time on that scope?"

Please elaborate, I don't understand the question.
Digital scopes spend most of their time processing acquired data, not acquiring it. Blind times of 99+% aren't uncommon. When a digital scope is blind, it isn't acquiring data. If you don't know what you're looking for in a waveform, it's easy to miss the important information.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Alright so i leaned a new carney trick;

You set up an eBay account and do mostly (at least 97.2%) legitimate business for almost a whole year. You actually have, and actually sell, and actually ship real goods for fair enough prices long enough to get over 500 positive feedbacks, enough to satisfy almost any potential buyer.

Then, after many months of scheming and conniving, you flood ebay with a "mega sale" of nonexistent high dollar goods. You make the prices SO low that even typically rational people can't resist the urge to "just try it out and see." You tell people their goods have been shipped, just you buy you a little time for the funds to transfer into your account, and for you to transfer the funds elsewhere. Then you abandon your account.

You don't even need to make any money the first year; most businesses don't anyway. It's just a big investment of time, with an even bigger payoff, in a more or less lump sum. Instant vacation money. It's brilliant!

^^^Exactly the conclusion I came too why he first Marked the Item as SHIPPED before closing the account and listing.
And without an account, you can't open a case against them from ebay.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
^^^Exactly the conclusion I came too why he first Marked the Item as SHIPPED before closing the account and listing.
And without an account, you can't open a case against them from ebay.
If you have proof that they used to exist, you should at least be able to get your money back.

If you have proof that they used to exist, you should at least be able to get your money back.
Yup. I proved it and they issued me a refund. I'll get it by tomarrow.
I love ebay. This isn't the first time I've been scammed so I know the extent of buyer's protection.

Ebay's buyer protection is top notch service!