pot replacement on XL4015E1 DC-DC converter

Big Sammy

Joined Jan 28, 2012
Hi all...I hope I'm posting this in the correct place...I'm attempting an adjustable voltage and current bench top power supply. I'm using a XL4015E1 DC-DC buck converter module. It is rated 4-38v input, and 1.25-36v output. The module comes with small blue rectangular pots (with the little screw on the top). I want to replace those with a 2.2K ohm 10-turn pot. The ones I have are WXD3-13-2w.
Here's the problem...when testing the converter module as is, it works fine. But when I connect the WXD3 pot (and I'm not sure I'm connecting it correctly, as seems to have 5 posts, but I've tried every configuration possible (using a 12v power supply). The problem is with the 10-turn pot, the output only measures to 9.4volts. It will not go any higher. I put the original little pot back in with my 24v power supply, and it reads up to full power. But the 10-turn pot still only goes to 9.4v.
Obviously I'm pretty new to all this....just entering into the hobby of electronic tinkering....any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks!

IMP002017

Joined Jan 28, 2017
I am going to assume that you have a 103W Blue pot and that is 10K so you would need to replace with a 10K to get full output of your system.

maybe a picture of what your working with would help some....

James

Big Sammy

Joined Jan 28, 2012
Thanks for the reply..I just looked at the small blue pot...it says "BAOTER 3296" on it....
no values given...but looking at data sheet says 10Kohm.
actually, looking at the pot again, on the top it has markings in two different directions...one way it says W103, in the other direction underneath that it says:
134T. Not sure if that helps?

Last edited:

Big Sammy

Joined Jan 28, 2012
I suppose I need to get a 10K pot!! Following directions never really helps!! The instructions said to replace the pots with 2.2K 10-turn pots....geez!! Serves me right for not checking before hand! Thanks for your input...saved me a huge headache!