PNP transistor issues

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
7,063
Vin was pin 1 and Pin 14 for Vout

Dave
Look at the relay drawing. That would have never worked. Pin 1 and pin 14 are never connected to each other. the relay pole is on pins 7 and 8. When the relay is deenergized, , pins 7-8 are connected to pin 1. When it is energized, pins7-8 are connected to pin 14.

EDIT: This assumes that the drawing is with the relay deenergized.
 

Thread Starter

abcinc

Joined Apr 29, 2009
26
Ok, I will try that with the PNP and report back. Thanks for all your help. I am a chemical engineer with a year of college electronics. You have been so kind.

Dave
 

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
7,063
Ok, I will try that with the PNP and report back. Thanks for all your help. I am a chemical engineer with a year of college electronics. You have been so kind.

Dave
I'm glad you told me that. I had your profile mixed up with someone's who has a BSEE. I was getting very concerned about the EE education process.:D
 

Thread Starter

abcinc

Joined Apr 29, 2009
26
Thanks all and Ron H. Mycircuit is working correctly now. The output from the R56 goes to an R51 high amp relay. That is working good now also. I do have a final question. Do I need a diode accross the coil on the R51 also?

Thanks again. You all are Great!

Dave
 

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
7,063
Thanks all and Ron H. Mycircuit is working correctly now. The output from the R56 goes to an R51 high amp relay. That is working good now also. I do have a final question. Do I need a diode accross the coil on the R51 also?

Thanks again. You all are Great!

Dave
I would use a diode, to protect the contacts from arcing.
 

Thread Starter

abcinc

Joined Apr 29, 2009
26
Thanks again

Let me know if you or your family need chemistry or chemical engineering help. I live in Portland Oregon.

Have a great day
 
Top