Please ID This Component: Crystal Oscillator

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
if you have any hobby shops in your area, try them, that crystal was very common in cheap radio controll stuff for years, they might have an old transmitter around. and the accuracy of the crystal isnt very great, if I remember fight the class c rc transmitters operated on channels between cb channels with a .01% frequenty accuracy requirement.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
if you have any hobby shops in your area, try them, that crystal was very common in cheap radio controll stuff for years, they might have an old transmitter around. and the accuracy of the crystal isnt very great, if I remember fight the class c rc transmitters operated on channels between cb channels with a .01% frequenty accuracy requirement.
If they have a spare, they'll most likely want to keep it for themselves and/or charge the OP as much as they can get away with for a repair.

It might be worth examining the crystal's overtone/fundamental relationship - the marked frequency could well be an overtone of a very common off the shelf frequency.

flat5

Joined Nov 13, 2008
"The superglue will not work, as the resonance is dependend on the size and thickness of the crystal."
I thought it would be fun to see if it would osc. and at what freq.
It would not be as efficient if it did osc.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
most of those were a 9 mhz crystal operated on the third harmonic. the shops might have some broken transmitter around you could get as scrap. older ones used crystals, newest ones use phase locked loops.
unfortunatly the superglue dosnt bind the crystal lattice of the quartz together again.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
most of those were a 9 mhz crystal operated on the third harmonic. the shops might have some broken transmitter around you could get as scrap. older ones used crystals, newest ones use phase locked loops.
unfortunatly the superglue dosnt bind the crystal lattice of the quartz together again.
I think we all get that superglue was an April fools joke by now!