Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Grosso

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I have an hdtv with component ports, av1 and av2 ports. and 3 hdmi ports. There is no audio out port. Which is my problem. i have a receiver that I am trying to hook up for surround sound but the receiver doesn't have an hdmi port. The receiver does have an optical port, but tv doesn't. What do I need?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Please help!!!!!!!!!

We frown on titles that do not give much information.

Please think about it. How does your title help our readers?

Just the opposite. A reader is less inclined to help someone who is thoughtless and selfish.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I have an hdtv with ....no audio out port.
That's very common, and it's a dead end. I don't think there is an easy solution. Your TV's HDMI ports are almost certainly inputs only.

I believe it's a residual problem of content protection. They didn't want to allow a digital output of the protected content. Audio-out has become a sought-after feature on TVs, though, and I think it's much more common now.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
o_O No audio output port is not a problem. That is solved with a soldering iron, tapping from speakers or before volume control, rca jacks...
Give me digital video output !!!! :mad: on ALL consumer TVs ! Protection...:rolleyes:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I think the best solution is what Externet proposed.
I assume your signal source is over-the-air(?).

A less desirable solution would be to use a Digital to Analog TV converter box designed for old analog TVs. Those usually have an audio output. But that means you would have to tune both your TV and the box to change a channel.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
OK depending on manufacturer:

AV In Out.png

The above is just an example but as to the AV In / Out make sure you are connected to the AV Out on the set and a suitable Input on the amplifier. Generally as in the image Red is Right Audio, White is Left Audio and Yellow is Video. Some sets require going into their menu and setting up the outputs it can be as simple as On / Off for the used outputs. Make sure your amplifier has the correct source set for the audio input connectors you are using. Probably 95% of the time friends and neighbors call me with a problem like this it comes down to the setup and something not connected or setup correctly. The answers are generally found in the TV Set and Amplifier manuals. I would start there.

Ron