Please help with translation

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Just need to search e-stores for RANGE SWITCH. But such term stays unrecognized at English. Checked at vocabulary, Google translate says - range switch. Russian Perekljuchatelj Diapazonov, Latvian - Diapazonu pārslēgs, etc etc, but no English, even Google pictures shows any garbage instead. May I ask the correct term for this component? That is those oldie-goodie rotating axis what allows one leading contact choose between one of sequential 4 ... 12 contacts, however my interest is much more miniature, or probably like PC choice-boxes in DIP size uses to use one of 4/6/8 levers, only bigger let it be operable by fingers, and with so small as 4 choice positions. Preliminary thanks for help.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Oh, thanks, found myself. Search engines makes a giant difference between rotating switch and rotary switch as well between DIP switcher and DIP switch, this was a reason why Octopart and Google said me - "no results returned". First I mean was rotary-switch RS1010 and second was DIP-switch APEM-DS04

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Glad you found it. DigiKey shows mostly closed/sealed versions. Depending on how old the equip is, the switch might be an open wafer type (not sure that term is widely accepted):

upload_2019-6-6_5-28-9.png

Those can be quite expensive (that one is $60 ) new.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The thing is 'Range Switch' does not indicate a definitive type of switch, it can come in all shapes and configurations, as long as it completes the task of changing the required range.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Sounds like a PCB mount miniature selector manual operated switch, these you can normally get in decimal, octal, hex code etc.
Max.