please help with my crossroad traffic light project...

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
so which one do you will be suitable here...
This is "Homework Help", not "Homework Done for You". I asked you why you thought a monostable circuit is appropriate. What is your answer? Hint: What is the difference between a monostable circuit and an astable multivibrator circuit?

D@rkL0rd

Joined Jun 22, 2014
This is "Homework Help", not "Homework Done for You". I asked you why you thought a monostable circuit is appropriate. What is your answer? Hint: What is the difference between a monostable circuit and an astable multivibrator circuit?
i was wrong a mono stable circuit is not suitable here.i need a astable circuit with lowtime as low as possible and high time around 1 sec...so the value of r1 should be 140k and r2 should be 10k and capacitor of value 10uf...is it all right...

Attachments

D@rkL0rd

Joined Jun 22, 2014
sir can you please make me understand the working of ic 4017... i think i have a major misconception about its working....:confused::confused::confused::(

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The datasheet for the 4017 explains the working. And members of the ETO forum have already explained it to you, so why ask here?

D@rkL0rd

Joined Jun 22, 2014
The datasheet for the 4017 explains the working. And members of the ETO forum have already explained it to you, so why ask here?
well i finally got the required pulse from the timer ....but now in the counter the pin 0 is not going high in the first loop it goes high int he second loop...please help guys...

Attachments

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The Reset and EN inputs in your schematic are shown floating. They should be grounded for normal operation.

Take a look at the timing diagrams on the data sheet. It shows how the clock, EN (clock inhibit), and Reset signals affect the Q1 through Q10 outputs.

D@rkL0rd

Joined Jun 22, 2014
The Reset and EN inputs in your schematic are shown floating. They should be grounded for normal operation.

Take a look at the timing diagrams on the data sheet. It shows how the clock, EN (clock inhibit), and Reset signals affect the Q1 through Q10 outputs.
connecting it also doesnt solve the problem...and form the datasheet i didnt really understand...

D@rkL0rd

Joined Jun 22, 2014
You're getting a 1 second pulse from that timer? How in the world did you determine the resistor values?
Low Time= 0.693*R2*C

High Time= 0.693*(R1+R2)*C
i think this is the right formula...but its all resovled the next problem is that in the first loop the 4017 is not letting the pin 0 to high but it goes high in the second loop...
and i connected the rest to the ground...please help sir...

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
dj,

The link just followed the U.S. sequence of Green - Yellow - Red and not the sequence the OP wanted.

Silly me, thinking traffic lights were standard ... but I should know better, automotive standards are different everywhere.

D@rkL0rd

Joined Jun 22, 2014
dj,

The link just followed the U.S. sequence of Green - Yellow - Red and not the sequence the OP wanted.

Silly me, thinking traffic lights were standard ... but I should know better, automotive standards are different everywhere.
sir can you please suggest me the resistor values for each pin to be high for 1 sec doestnt matter what is high time or low time ...itried but its not showing the desired results...accoding to me the r1 registor should be of 50k and r2 sholud be of 100k to get high time of 0.693 sec and low time of 0.3465 sec...but the simulator is not showing the desired result...