please help with component wiring?

county00

Joined Apr 29, 2016
I am wanting to wire some components together to have a sensor turn on an ionizer. I'm not a 100% sure on how to do it. The components are a Banner Q85vR3D-T9 diffuse sensor, a SMC VQ4100-5 air control valve, and a SMC IZN10-11P07 ionizer-nozzle type. I want to use 24v DC with no PLC. I want the sensor to to be flagged (turned on) and the ionizer will turn on to blow air. I understand the dip switches in the Banner sensor and can make adjustments if needed. I am doing this from scratch with no schematic to follow. If I had a drawling/schematic that I could follow I would be fine. But without one one I'm not sure if I could wire it correctly. I would appreciate any help and thank you.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You may not want to use a full blown PLC but what about a SmartRelay?
Or do you want just hard wiring?
Have you had experience wiring control circuitry, or drawing ladder diagram?
Max.

county00

Joined Apr 29, 2016
I do not want to use a plc. I just want to hard wire the components together and use a 24v power supply. I have work on circuits before but not very much.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Start drawing the ladder logic that you think will work and post it you only have three 24vdc components.
Here is some diagram methods, mostly aimed at motor control but it gives the right idea for a ladder circuit.
Telemecanique wiring diagrams
Also google PLC diagrams.
Max.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Looks like you just need..
+24V from your power supply to pin 4 on the banner sensor..
pin 5 will then supply 24V to the solenoid when activated.. (or pin 3 to flip the logic)
ground wire of solenoid to ground of power supply..

Nothing more than that.. dead simple

Last edited: