Pin plug

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Looking for what seems to be an oddball type of pin plug. We bought a couple of low voltage motor control trainers, and they came with the minimal amount of stackable jumpers. I've looked all over and can only find the solid type .080" pin plug, the type we need has the collapsible outer shell like a standard banana plug (green one in pic).

We have other trainers that take a solid type of .080" pin plug (yellow in pic) they can be forced into the new one (black) but I'm trying to avoid that.
Ideally what I need is some patch cables, various lengths with stackable connectors on them. The trainers are expensive, and I'm assuming the cables would be also as I have to purchase through the local distributor.

Attachments

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Banana plugs are .165" dia. The ones I need are .080". In the pic you can see the green one(banana) is larger.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
How many and what lengths do you need?
I have a large quantity of DEC patch cords.
I measured the plugs. The connector part is 0.275" long.
The plug is 0.100" uncollapsed, 0.080" collapsed.
The socket is about 0.095".

Last edited:

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
How many and what lengths do you need?
I have a large quantity of DEC patch cords.
I measured the plugs. The connector part is 0.275" long.
The plug is 0.100" uncollapsed, 0.080" collapsed.
The socket is about 0.095".
Sounds pretty close, I'll have to measure the socket hole size. I was looking for a dozen or so cables, and lengths from 18"-36".

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Sounds pretty close, I'll have to measure the socket hole size. I was looking for a dozen or so cables, and lengths from 18"-36".
Took some measurements this morning. The pin is .410" long, OD uncollapsed is .088" and .074" collapsed, and the socket appears to be .080". So it looks like yours would have similar dimensions to the yellow one in the pic, except shorter. Thanks for checking though.