Piezo Trigger Switch

Joey.Jerry

Joined Jun 8, 2014

Attachments

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I dont know if this makes sense, But I've attached a link of an instructable and an Image where it is done perfectly.The schematic quality is poor,but I hope you'll understand it. Tell me what do you think.
Here is the link
http://www.instructables.com/id/WORLDS-CHEAPEST-VIRTUAL-DRUM-at-10-Rs500-us/
That's quite different with the 4x4 dot matrix key input,
It was connected all the output of op amp as a common input through the resistors to the small pcb of key, it just like an 8x1 key dot matrix, to send the 8 output signals and one pin to check does any signal come in, if the system has detect the voltage amplitude of the input signal, then the key decoder should be have the adc inside.

If didn't through the key decoder then it will be as what i said, you can't do a 4x4 dot matix key just using the circuit that i provided.

If you can get the keyboard decoder then you can try it.

Joey.Jerry

Joined Jun 8, 2014
That's quite different with the 4x4 dot matrix key input,
It was connected all the output of op amp as a common input through the resistors to the small pcb of key, it just like an 8x1 key dot matrix, to send the 8 output signals and one pin to check does any signal come in, if the system has detect the voltage amplitude of the input signal, then the key decoder should be have the adc inside.

If didn't through the key decoder then it will be as what i said, you can't do a 4x4 dot matix key just using the circuit that i provided.

If you can get the keyboard decoder then you can try it.
I didnt understand. But what do you say,can we make something with this idea? Can you try and give me a proper working idea? I think the circuit is a comparator circuit. Or, you told that you've made a drum kit in a similar way using a pc, what about that? Can you share any?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I didnt understand. But what do you say,can we make something with this idea? Can you try and give me a proper working idea? I think the circuit is a comparator circuit. Or, you told that you've made a drum kit in a similar way using a pc, what about that? Can you share any?
Please go back to check #34 to see what i said.

If you want to using the pc keyboard to be the inputs then you need to buy the keyboard decoder and pcb as a kit that you linked, otherwise you only can do a independent drum system.

Joey.Jerry

Joined Jun 8, 2014
Please go back to check #34 to see what i said.

If you want to using the pc keyboard to be the inputs then you need to buy the keyboard decoder and pcb as a kit that you linked, otherwise you only can do a independent drum system.
Ok. Then how to make an independent drum system? Do you have any idea about how to do that????

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Ok. Then how to make an independent drum system? Do you have any idea about how to do that????
If you want to make an independent drum system, it may have too much hardware that you can't do.

The first thing is that you must read some knowledge for the drum, and if you can study the arduino then you can complete your idea for the EE drum with the computer, even developing your own instrument sets using the instrument samples.

My LM324 op amp circuit.

op amp using LM324.

The video of Homemade Electronic Drum Kit : Coltronics Kit-e, 3D to show how the structures of the drum.

The pedal and foot switch.

piezo drum trigger -- images, schematic.

DIY Electric Acoustic Drum Triggers Tutorial for eDrums - The video.

The Drum Kit - Kit lets you turn your Arduino into a drum kit.

Piezo Drum Kit Quickstart Guide.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Sorry, but asking again since this involves LM324(which you love to use). Can we do this??
Please tell me about this.
I hope you'll help.
I like to used the LM324, because one of my previous boss gave me a lot of LM324, and the functions of LM324 are good for the general applications, so I used them to do the experiment.

The translations from google translate, the meaning of video :
Homemade drum machine that uses LM324 IC, resistors, LEDs, piezos, LDR's and a board of USB keyboard. Can be used with digital drums or any software program in which the sounds of each element of the battery can be powered via the computer keyboard.

I saw the video and took off my usb keyboard, and then I realize about the drum kit that you linked from instructables, so I went back to see the articles, I'm not finish yet, and some parts of circuit description isn't clear, but that's not the important thing now, and the important things are the keyboard array circuit and piezos, the function of piezos is only a switch around here, the amplitude of sound effect depends on the software programs.

The DIY drum on #18 from instructables.

The independent drum system - 8-Way MIDI DRUM PADS.

So now, I think you got the chance to build your own drum without other decoder and not necessary to write the software programs, I will also to build mine.

I need more time to figure out how to arrange the key for piezos and the software.

Last edited:

Joey.Jerry

Joined Jun 8, 2014
I like to used the LM324, because one of my previous boss gave me a lots of LM324, and the functions of LM324 are good for the general applications, so I used them to do the experiment.

The translations from google translate, the meaning of video :
Homemade drum machine that uses LM324 IC, resistors, LEDs, piezos, LDR's and a board of USB keyboard. Can be used with digital drums or any software program in which the sounds of each element of the battery can be powered via the computer keyboard.

I saw the video and took off my usb keyboard, and then I realize about the drum kit that you linked from instructables, so I went back to see the articles, I'm not finish yet, and some parts of circuit description isn't clear, but that's not the important thing now, and the important things are the keyboard array circuit and piezos, the function of piezos is only a switch around here, the amplitude of sound effect depends on the software programs.

The DIY drum on #18 from instructables.

The independent drum system - 8-Way MIDI DRUM PADS.

So now, I think you got the chance to build your own drum without other decoder and not necessary to write the software programs, I will also to build mine.

I need more time to figure out how to arrange the key for piezos and the software.
Friend,Take your own time and tell me the results. If your turns success,give me the schematics also. Tell me how you are going to make the drum kit. I use a free software called DvDrums. It has good quality sounds.Try using that. So, I think this method will work.I want your help and support to go further.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Friend,Take your own time and tell me the results. If your turns success,give me the schematics also. Tell me how you are going to make the drum kit. I use a free software called DvDrums. It has good quality sounds.Try using that. So, I think this method will work.I want your help and support to go further.
If you want to using the USB keyboard decoder, because it could be each keyboard that you get is different, so you have to draw the circuit of your keyboard, and choosing the key you want and coordinate with the computer software.

Joey.Jerry

Joined Jun 8, 2014
If you want to using the USB keyboard decoder, because it could be each keyboard that you get is different, so you have to draw the circuit of your keyboard, and choosing the key you want and coordinate with the computer software.
By the way, what about the drum kit ou're building??? Did you finish?
I'm getting a better signal without using the IC, i dont know why it happens. I just connected onl the piezo to the LED & it works well with the LDR. What about ou?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
By the way, what about the drum kit ou're building??? Did you finish?
I'm getting a better signal without using the IC, i dont know why it happens. I just connected onl the piezo to the LED & it works well with the LDR. What about ou?
I don't have the USB keyboard to play.

You can play the following drums and sound effect from mouse or keyboard, that is to give you the idea about each english letter correspondence to each drum or sound effects, but the function of key is already fixed, so you can't change them.

The virtual drum on pc.

4x4 dot matrix keyboard using micro switches.

If you insist to use piezos to be the input components, then you have to using the following circuit.

8x1 dot matrix keyboard using Op Amp and piezos.

You have to draw your usb keyboard of circuit similar as below:

FlexiMusic Orchestra download the free trail version.

The next is to find a free drums software that you can define the drum function of each key by yourself.

About your test that you have to attach the circuit or describe what kind of the meter, needle type or digital numbers.

Joey.Jerry

Joined Jun 8, 2014
If you are willing to play and study the arduino, that's good, and you can adding the virtual drums components.

Arduino – making a basic drum machine, there is a video inside.

And I was seeking for some useless usb keyboard to try.
The LDR circuit works but only if we play single hand strokes on a single drum, if we try to hit with two sticks to the same pad it will only respond to only one stick's hit. So, I think arduino is better to use and will respond to all hits and will give velocity sensitivity too. ! Also,I want to use an Arduino Mega board because I want to use more pads,since the mega board has 16 inputs I will love to use all of them. :). I thank you for your patientcy and help. And I hope you'll guide me thruogh this Arduino project too(even if it may take some time :)
And yeah, your circuit also works,thank you. But anyway I'm going toit with the arduino later.

Last edited: