PIC simulation

Tapan Pokharna

Joined Jun 23, 2016
Hello,
I want to simulate PIC10f200 with a pre-charged capacitor powering the PIC. The output of PIC as required now is just to light a LED after a delay of 0.72 sec. So once the PIC is turned on it waits for 0.72sec and then turn on the LED. Only power source available is a capacitor(that can be charged upto 25V).
I tried simulating with proteus but i am stuck with hidden VCC and GND problem.
Also can anyone tell me the maximum power consumed by PIC in a sec or its current consumption in units.

Tapan Pokharna

Joined Jun 23, 2016
Thank You sir,
I read the datasheet and calculated the power consumption accordingly. But practical result is not the same.
Anyway my real and more important issue is with the simulation.
If anyone can help with the simulation it should solve my issue.

Thank you

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
HI,

Yeah, i was going to say "Use an analog computer for the simulation", which is just the real life circuit on a breadboard :)

Keep in mind that temperature variations will affect the current draw also.

Tapan Pokharna

Joined Jun 23, 2016
Build it. The simulation is never going to be 100% right.
I know it wont be right, but i still need something to go ahead with.
the entire circuit has lot of complications. And i get only 3 hours a day to test. So i thought better go with simulations.
I just need to know how to power PIC from capacitor in proteus or if you can suggest any other software.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
One thing to be aware of is that the voltage regulator you use between the capacitor and the PIC may draw more current (and dump it to Gnd) than the processor itself. So check that carefully.

By now you must have looked up the current consumption for the PIC, right?

Tapan Pokharna

Joined Jun 23, 2016
One thing to be aware of is that the voltage regulator you use between the capacitor and the PIC may draw more current (and dump it to Gnd) than the processor itself. So check that carefully.

By now you must have looked up the current consumption for the PIC, right?
Yes, according to the datasheet 3ma is the max current drawn.
actually the capacitor to be used must have a diameter less than 6.2mm. Hence the capacitor has to be manufactured specially for the device.
So i think simulations will be better before any practical

Thanks