Peak Oil

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.bloombergquint.com/busi...ome-to-the-man-camps-of-west-texas#gs.FZ0ISaY
Midland County has recorded some minor “disturbances” at the camps, but Sheriff Gary Painter says the tenants generally have been good neighbors. “They get to drinking and fire a couple rounds in the air,” Painter says. “But it’s not serious.”

Communities that have seen their share of oil booms and busts view the man camps as a necessary part of supporting the current economic expansion for as long as it lasts. “It’s not that man camps are bad,” says Ken Winkles Jr., executive director of the Pecos Economic Development Corp. “It’s just that we would prefer to have the families in here.”

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
But, ..but....I thought Canada was a champion of alternate/renewable energy and a discourager of fossil fuel use. The thought it's official global policy was to reduce both use and production of fossil fuels. Even if sacrifice was required.

I must have mis-understood.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
But, ..but....I thought Canada was a champion of alternate/renewable energy and a discourager of fossil fuel use. The thought it's official global policy was to reduce both use and production of fossil fuels. Even if sacrifice was required.

I must have mis-understood.
Even if that's true, what does it have to do with the new NAFTA replacement/modification?

Furthermore, even if the government of Canada is all you claim it is, how does that prevent Shell from developing the capabilities to be more competitive in the LNG global market?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Who said it had anything to do with the new NAFTA replacement/modification?

After years of promoting global treaties to suppress such activity, Canada now is shooting for #2.

Our current policy(US) has created this competition, before this agreement. Even so....the timing of this #2 goal is telling.

There just seems to be a change in the air, that's all.....no deep meaning. It's just nice to have growth.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Who said it had anything to do with the new NAFTA replacement/modification?
Uh.. the article. Read the headline. If they aren't trying to link it to the NAFTA deal, then why mention it? If they aren't, then they might as well say that it was announced a day following the one year anniversary of the Las Vegas mass shooting and then claim that they weren't trying to imply any linkage.

After years of promoting global treaties to suppress such activity, Canada now is shooting for #2.
As I read it, a Canadian oil company is doing the shooting, not the government of Canada. Don't confuse the two.

Plus, one of the goals is to help Asia transition away from coal in favor of LNG which has a significantly lower carbon footprint, so why wouldn't that be keeping within the goals of the Canadian government that you claim?

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
When I post an article about this subject.......I do it to share information. I think that others might find it interesting.

I certainly did.

I will usually agree and disagree to some extent on the context of the article. Everything seems to be twisted and shaded to one view or another now a-days.

I try to gather what I believe to be the facts and compare that to my previous opinion of events. Thus what is relevant to me, might not be relevant to you.

For instance....I believe we are in the most historic times in all history.....and yuge, fast events will occur.

But many hope it's just a fluke and will die off quickly. Almost everybody has a strong opinion today. Not too many maybes out there.

To me it just seems that all of a sudden........every-bodies frackin/drilling/piping/shipping.

And liking it.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
This is a good thing. Increased supply (regardless from whom) reduces energy costs for everyone, thereby making everyone more productive and therefore richer.

But, ..but....I thought Canada was a champion of alternate/renewable energy and a discourager of fossil fuel use.
So naive. At the end of the day, everyone acts in their own best interests, whether they admit it or not.

Some of us always act in our own best interests -- recognizing that such actions are, overall, good for everyone. No guilt necessary.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
This is a good thing. Increased supply (regardless from whom) reduces energy costs for everyone, thereby making everyone more productive and therefore richer.

So naive. At the end of the day, everyone acts in their own best interests, whether they admit it or not.

Some of us always act in our own best interests -- recognizing that such actions are, overall, good for everyone. No guilt necessary.
This project will not make anything cheaper for those living here. Boom bust continues. The money goes to the corporations. LNG is seen as green and I guess compared to the bitumen it is. Prince Rupert is looking to do a propane terminal as well. It is open season for everyone. Feels like we are running high fever... will be fun times when Earth decides to shake us off and there is a 9 point earthquake here once they are done with their terminals. There is a solution to every problem.