Parts from Aliexpress site...

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Hi.
Any of you buying from Aliexpress ? Please confirm if the site is gone replaced by Korean Aliexpress ?
Cannot find/enter their chinese site I used for years, and what shows up it is not in English... :(

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I'm still ordering from AliX and it posts in quite a few different languages. Jack Ma "disappeared" a short while back for some time before resurfacing a month or two ago and singing the praises to the peoples communist powers that be and rule all in china. Moving to Korea is a new one and I doubt the commies would let him... Considering almost all of their products are from china with some Vietnam thrown into the mix I'd be very surprised it they did. Their shipping prices have increased over the last 6 months and apparently china post has again increased their shipping prices in the last month or so. What used to be a minimum $0.47 a year ago is now $1.47 - 4.00 USD.

AliExpress - Online Shopping for Popular Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles and More.

Last edited:

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Thanks.
Some big changes happened in the last months almost a year. They started by charging shipping per item, like ordering a component was free but ordering 2 was $1, ordering 3 was $2. I got away for a while placing several orders of qty. 1 instead. Then rose the shipping, then mostly eliminated free shipping, then rose prices of everything. I believe the shipping increase was forced by USA postal office carrier, not China; but do not know for sure. Now Korea shows up as the ordering site poorly translated but seems the main central business is unchanged in China.
Will have to check the others DX.com, DHgate, Banggood, Tayda and I believe a couple more. :( Is there other oriental mail order you use or know of, to check them ?

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I've done 2 different things to save shipping. First like you said, ordering 1 at a time with free (or very low) shipping for 1 piece (and they will all be thrown into the same shipping box). Second is to order multiple parts from the same vendor and, once again, all are thrown in the same box with a single shipping charge the same as for 1 item. Go figure! I think it used to be that China Post was free for samples so orders for 2-5 small items (like xstrs) was free but you had to pay shipping for a 100 lot but the bulk price for the item was lower (but how many 100's of xstrs, etc. do you need)? Watch what happens to shipping as you add items! The first few are cheap and then goes up fast! So I break it up into several orders and they throw it all in one box. NOW, they are combining multiple vendor's orders going to the same address! If I place multiple small orders with several vendors they throw them all into the same box. No discount for me but I'm sure there is for them. Pricing is not as easy as on eBay where you can sort items by price+shipping. They like to play games with price & shipping. Sometimes very cheap prices but exorbitant shipping and vice versa. Like on eBay there are tons of vendors all selling the exact same item and playing tricks with pricing and shipping just to make shopping with them "interesting" as the old chinese curse goes. See some of that even on Amazon.

Yep, the site is unstable! I was getting russian screens for a while, then arabic, then indian, etc. Pain in the ass!