Output and Input Impedance - Incandescent Light Bulb

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Here are actual schematic representations of two of the proposed ideas:
IMG_4020.JPG
IMG_4021.JPG
I'm not commenting on the validity of either approach, just trying to help you visualize it.

Incidentally, Google is your friend. The phrase "back to back electrolytic caps" brought up these images and lots of discussion of the pros and cons of various systems.

pratto

Joined Dec 10, 2012
Here are actual schematic representations of two of the proposed ideas:
View attachment 142666
View attachment 142667
I'm not commenting on the validity of either approach, just trying to help you visualize it.

Incidentally, Google is your friend. The phrase "back to back electrolytic caps" brought up these images and lots of discussion of the pros and cons of various systems.
Right. I keep forgetting about my new friend google. but you know, it is the "discussion" that usually leaves me wondering who to believe.

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Right. I keep forgetting about my new friend google. but you know, it is the "discussion" that usually leaves me wondering who to believe.
Yeah, I understand that last bit. Being a regular on this forum, I've gotten to know certain voices that I trust here, but when it comes to Google search results, it's not always obvious which sources are the most reliable.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Yeah, I understand that last bit. Being a regular on this forum, I've gotten to know certain voices that I trust here, but when it comes to Google search results, it's not always obvious which sources are the most reliable.
As a rule of thumb, I usually don't believe people who say, "believe me".