Ordinary evil...

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
If that is the case, I missed it entirely. Bipolar definitely does not equal evil.
But what if I have evil intentions behind my good deeds or good intentions behind my evil deeds? :confused:

Nah you're a badass cat. Your moral compass is just fine ( that is if you're not hiding something from us...:rolleyes:)
I'm too lazy to hide anything. Just ask My Ex. Even she will agree that it's true. :oops:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It seems that it's pack behavior that sets the tone of a discussion. I've seen it here:

What does seem to make people mean, though, is the behaviour of those around them. The tone set by other commenters was linked to the likelihood that a participant would use aggressive language to support their points.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...te-reveals-what-makes-us-become-nasty-trolls/
Wow, that hits home for a certain member here. But he won't see this cause I'm number one on his "ignore list" :)

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The one I'm referring to always talks about using a poking stick, but hates it when someone pokes back.:)

PS. how are the carbide drills working out? Any updates for that thread?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Call me biased. But I'm glad to hear that good-natured people are perfectly capable of wielding and are competent at holding leadership positions in large corporations and governments:

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20171102-do-psychopaths-really-make-better-leaders

“Our findings are consistent with other research suggesting that individuals with more psychopathic traits seems to be able to 'talk the talk’, but not ‘walk the walk’,” she says.

Psychopaths are more likely to gain power through dominance, bullying and intimidation, rather than respect, she adds. “However, gaining power is not the same as wielding it effectively."

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Call me biased. But I'm glad to hear that good-natured people are perfectly capable of wielding and are competent at holding leadership positions in large corporations and governments:
I know they are more than capable of doing those jobs and doing them well but, the problem is for good, honest and decent people to get such positions is usually far harder since they won't resort to the lying cheating, backstabbing behind closed doors/good ol boys system and tactics that the other types will happily use to get into said positions. :(

Unless they built the company or fought a huge uphill battle it's rare to see such a person in those key positions. Or at least every life experience I have had has shown that to be more often true than not.:(

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019