Only in Florida

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
After each major hurricane strike in FL, they enact better building code hurricane requirements. It doesn't affect existing grandfathered structures which are, at least by the new code standards, sub-standardly constructed. Now we all know what standards are good for so... At some point in time, all FL buildings will be up to "Code" after all the grandfathered substandard buildings are destroyed or brought up to current code requirements, at least on paper. Or underwater due to Global Warming...

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The one that broke the insurers was Andrew if I remember rightly. I've also been told that the "Beach Houses" along A1A are uninsurable or at such a high premium to be so.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The one that broke the insurers was Andrew if I remember rightly. I've also been told that the "Beach Houses" along A1A are uninsurable or at such a high premium to be so.
My sister enjoys Holden Beach in NC. Have to admit it's real nice on the ocean or intracoastal waterway. She actually considered buying beachfront property as an investment and for family use. The final dealbreaker wasn't the property cost but the insurance cost.

Ron

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.local10.com/news/local/...boy-hat-attacks-woman-with-machete-in-medley/
MEDLEY, Fla. – A South Florida man is facing three felony charges after police accused him of attacking a woman with a machete because she didn’t have a crack pipe.

Miami-Dade police arrested 45-year-old Roberto Hercules in Hialeah Friday.

According to an arrest report, Hercules was “completely naked,” wearing nothing but painted nails and a cowboy hat when he attacked the victim at Northwest 74th Street and South River Drive in Medley last Tuesday.