No more paste onto a post ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Used to refer a link by paste action; perhaps even inserting pictures in text. No more?
Is it my compfuser or new rules ?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
It works for me, but I've found that pasting images or dragging PDF's to the text entry box is slower than using the "Attach files" option.

I'm usually using Slimjet on an XP computer.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Testing again responding the above :

Trying to paste the link to this same thread here ---->

Does not work on Linux. Do not know what Slimjet is :(
There is no paste option shown on copied right click :(

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
A couple of decades ago, the train set in your link would have come from Japan, France or Germany.
Now is China.

But to keep this thread on track, I attached the following image directly.
I am using Firefox on Win10.

AC waveforms.png

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Well, it is then my compfuser. Plenty of pasted links and pictures from you guys, the way it behaved for me until about a week ago. :(

Edited... closed Firefox browser, opened Opera. Right click pasted link----> https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/no-more-paste-onto-a-post.171393/
And right click image paste directly on this composing area :

1595079841275.png

Firefox kaput. I remember when it used to work, and work, and work... before they made it complex, and more complex, and even more complex...

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Some time it is the image that is the problem(at least with firefox). I've had to save and then link or copy from my computer to get an image to show here.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I am having that problem today too.

Image pastes fine into Word, but not into a reply

Win7 Pro/Chrome

EDIT: Paste continues to work in Photoshop and Windows Live Mail too.

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Just noticed that in the "EDIT" screen the top banner for bolding etc. is grayed out and cannot be used.
That happens to me occasionally. And I’ve learned that the problem is in the mode of the reply.

Compose a message. In the greyed out banner, the gear icon will not be greyed out. Tap it once. The banner will return to normal.

Sometimes when composing a message, I accidentally tap the gear icon. It toggles the edit mode. Tapping it again returns normal operation.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Win 10 and Chrome isn't working for me.

Chrome Version 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Text works, but not screen captures with Shift-Win-S.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
That happens to me occasionally. And I’ve learned that the problem is in the mode of the reply.

Compose a message. In the greyed out banner, the gear icon will not be greyed out. Tap it once. The banner will return to normal.

Sometimes when composing a message, I accidentally tap the gear icon. It toggles the edit mode. Tapping it again returns normal operation.
That's it. The gear icon. Fixed everything. Maybe I can use whiteout to cover it up so it doesn't get hit accidentally again.