News from SgtWookie

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
I use Loctite thread lock on my glasses screws, that keeps them secure. Good to see you on the road to recovery.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I usually use a bit of solid core wire through the holes and twisted around, it does a good job for a temporary fix. (Just checked that none of my screws are loose).
Did something similar to fix a friends sunglasses once, Took large solid core, wrapped it around once and soldered it on the outside, that was 5 months ago and she still uses them

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
I saw Wookie today. He's looking good for all he's been through. We got his glasses repaired. I'm in Florida for beenthere's casting. I was only two hours away (close by in midwest usa terms) so I thought I'd check up on Wookie's status. He still has some hiccups but seems to be getting more mobile each day. Oh and he has a really cute nurse!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yeah, he mentioned the nurses(s) in my last email. If he can notice that he has to be getting better.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Yeah, he mentioned the nurses(s) in my last email. If he can notice that he has to be getting better.

I don't know if that is a valid good sign or not. Any Marine worth is salt would have to be far worse off than Wookie not to notice a pretty nurse. Of course Wookie would be distracted by all of the cool diagnostic equipment around so maybe it is a good sign is is now multi tasking. :)

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I don't know if that is a valid good sign or not. Any Marine worth is salt would have to be far worse off than Wookie not to notice a pretty nurse. Of course Wookie would be distracted by all of the cool diagnostic equipment around so maybe it is a good sign is is now multi tasking. :)
I'm surprised he hasn't posted an LTSpice schematic of how at least one monitor there works.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
How's this for an appropriate getwell card for an electronics geek? By the way, his room resembled a resort with agorgeous view of a lake and a big screen combination tv/computer monitor. I wish I had thought to take pictures as it was so unbelieveable!
That is an AWESOME card! Great creativity there!

Has he figured out how to install LTSpice on his WebTV?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
How's this for an appropriate getwell card for an electronics geek? By the way, his room resembled a resort with agorgeous view of a lake and a big screen combination tv/computer monitor. I wish I had thought to take pictures as it was so unbelieveable!
only way it could be better is if it was actually etched that way!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
That is probably the greatest get well card I've ever seen! :D Very creative and clever!

only way it could be better is if it was actually etched that way!
I don't know about that. I think the point-to-point wiring has a better effect ;)
Shows you put more effort into it.

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
Wookie update. Some more improvement with hiccups. Has progressed to liquid (jello) type diet as ofTuesday. He has some hope of something stronger this evening. All oxygen removed so he's lots more comfortable and getting quite a bit of rest. I think his high point today was finally getting to shower. (Forgive me Wookie if I've given out too much personal info--but I think AAC people want to know that you are on the mend.)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Wookie update. Some more improvement with hiccups. Has progressed to liquid (jello) type diet as ofTuesday. He has some hope of something stronger this evening. All oxygen removed so he's lots more comfortable and getting quite a bit of rest. I think his high point today was finally getting to shower. (Forgive me Wookie if I've given out too much personal info--but I think AAC people want to know that you are on the mend.)
Thank you very much for the update, 1chance!

Glad to hear you're feeling better Wookie! :)